• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ruger Precision 308 Gen 3... Thoughts?

24 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Yeah, but that bastard weighed in at just under 90 pounds, and cost me 200 bucks to get it on the bird headed to Arizona last year. But it was worth it though.

4 rifles. 3 optics. 4 suppressors. 4 AR-15 mags. 4 AR-10 mags. A sidearm with 6 mags.

The look on the TSA guy's face at 0400 in BWI was priceless.:lmao:

Heavy but nice to have it all in one tidy package. Mine is kinda heavy also. 6-10rnd Pmags, 1-20 rnd Pmag, 7 1911 mags All fully loaded,  +the 2 guns, rangefinding binos,  flashlight and xtra batteries..... Been trying to figure out how to rig up an engine tor hauling it around lol

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Been trying to figure out how to rig up an engine tor hauling it around lol

No $hit right? At least the Pelican's have wheels built into them.

You would have laughed seeing me walk into the airport last year. Dragging two Pelican's, a backpack strapped to one of them and a duffle strapped to my back. Must have looked like a pack mule.

2 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

No $hit right? At least the Pelican's have wheels built into them.

You would have laughed seeing me walk into the airport last year. Dragging two Pelican's, a backpack strapped to one of them and a duffle strapped to my back. Must have looked like a pack mule.

Lmao 😂🤣 You shoulda stopped by Home Depot or something & "barrowed" a flat cart on the way to the airport 

3 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Lmao 😂🤣 You shoulda stopped by Home Depot or something & "barrowed" a flat cart on the way to the airport 

Not a bad idea. But the fukin airport probably would've made me park the cart in long term parking just to charge me even more. The bastards. :laffs:

For those that don't know, the 850-yard target is kind of a joke between me and @Matt.Cross... 

So Matt comes out here, several years ago, during a Spring Shoot.  We were low on numbers, not many people.  We set the 850 up, ...  Well I set the 850 up... yeah, whilst Matt and John set up the hill-shooting position...  :laffs:

I get back there, and Matt makes a shot right away.  First, he looks at his data, dials his scope, settles in...  BANG!  Miss, but just barely low right - with a slight South wind (due west shooting angle, south wind is from the left), 90* Full Value.  He holds left edge of the target, second shot, and BAM!  TING!...

Matt rolls over...   And says, "My weekend is DONE.  I got what I came for."  

First-rounding the 850, cold-bore, is a thing for us.  Between us.  I think it started with a Morning Wood Shoot, when I got up early,before everyone else, and just yelled "EARS!"...   With the 20" .308 Bolt gun, standing offhand, I cold bored a 400 yarder first shot.  That pissed Matt off.  To no end...  I think his words were...

"That will NOT be unanswered, my friend!..."   :banana:

He didn't hit it, though...   :popcorn:

Lesson, friends - when you talk shiit, and then you actually pull it off...  You just WALK AWAY, and you MUST act like you MEANT TO DO THAT SHIIT.  Don't give any other details.  Don't say shiit.  Just walk away, and either holster it, or let it hang from the sling., swinging like a Big Dick..  and you HAVE to be cocky about it... - like you meant it. It just bewilders motherfuckers...   :thumbup::laffs:

Even a blind monkey finds a banana once in awhile...   Inside, you're saying to yourself, "Damn, I can't believe I just hit that..."...

Just act like it was on purpose...  

If you're quick enough to think about blowing the smoke off the end of the barrel, it adds to the psychological impact, of the impossible shot that you just made, first-round...  The crowd is mind-fucked...  :thefinger:

Perfect example of this is Larry showing up late for a shoot...  @392heminut...   Gets out of his truck, and says, "What are y'all shooting at?..."  Well, Larry, we're trying to hit that 250-yard IPSC steel plate with pistols...

He pulls a 1911 from his holster, angles it up... looks around...  angles it up a little more... He pulls the fucking trigger, and a second or so later, ...   TING!   YOU HAVE TO BE SHIITTING ME!!!

He manned up, smiled, and HOLSTERED THAT GUN, AND WALKED AWAY...

THAT is how you do it, men...   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

19 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

With the 20" .308 Bolt gun, standing offhand, I cold bored a 400 yarder first shot.  That pissed Matt off.  To no end... 

No. This is what pissed me off to no end...

20 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

He didn't hit it, though... 

So I had a Grendel built that I could actually do offhand shooting with, and I feel much better about the outcome of all the resulting morning wood shots, some of which I don't mind pointing out that I've hit when certain other persons haven't.

Still, I won't rob you of the glory and grandeur of that shot, it was and still is amazing.

1 minute ago, Matt.Cross said:

No. This is what pissed me off to no end...

So I had a Grendel built that I could actually do offhand shooting with, and I feel much better about the outcome of all the resulting morning wood shots, some of which I don't mind pointing out that I've hit when certain other persons haven't.

Still, I won't rob you of the glory and grandeur of that shot, it was and still is amazing.

You shot a .308AR with an OPS INC can on the end, with no sling.  You didn't stand a chance, brother.  I was slinged up TIGHT when I made that lucky shot with mine...  I cheated...   :lmao:  I didn't tell you that, though, and I offered no observances when I saw you draw up to the line, with that can hanging off the end...  :popcorn::banana:

Just now, 98Z5V said:

You shot a .308AR with an OPS INC can on the end, with no sling.  You didn't stand a chance, brother.  I was slinged up TIGHT when I made that lucky shot with mine...  I cheated...   :lmao:  I didn't tell you that, though, and I offered no observances when I saw you draw up to the line, with that can hanging off the end...  :popcorn::banana:

I outfitted that sucker with a sling after that too. It wasn't a lucky shot though, I know better than that. 

What can I say, I rose to the challenge and fell to the better man. I regret nothing.

Just now, Matt.Cross said:

I outfitted that sucker with a sling after that too. It wasn't a lucky shot though, I know better than that. 

What can I say, I rose to the challenge and fell to the better man. I regret nothing.

Every single day here, we learn something.  Not one day goes by without that, or we're blind.  Stop learning, stop growing.

That day, though, the lucky lesson was "slings..." 

The back and forth will never get old, brother - someone is gonna do something, with you and me...  and push the other.  There has not been a single time that is has not been comical, too.  You can't pay enough in retail tickets to a professional comedy show, and get laughs like we've had.  Minus travel money for this, it's all free, too, and that makes it even better...   :hail::banana:

14 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

The back and forth will never get old, brother - someone is gonna do something, with you and me...  and push the other.  There has not been a single time that is has not been comical, too.  You can't pay enough in retail tickets to a professional comedy show, and get laughs like we've had.

That's for sure... I can't count how many times I've burst out laughing at some recollection from the shoots, and then when I get the inevitable quizzical look, I can't explain 'cause you just had to be there.

4 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Wish I could! My shoulder is out of  commission till mid September at least & after being off work  over  2+months by then, boss isn't going to give me additional time off this year.

I understand, someone misses out most every year. This year it was a whole lotta folks in the spring, including me. I get extremely motivated to go back every time I go. I will try to make it to the shoot even if I can't score any more than a Saturday and Sunday to be there.

35 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Wish I could! My shoulder is out of  commission till mid September at least & after being off work  over  2+months by then, boss isn't going to give me additional time off this year.

Damn! Good thing the Shoot is 5-9 November, brother!  You're RECOVERED by then!

Tell the boss it's COVID-related - you'll be paid, AND have the time off!

I'll bring a few Ruger 10/22s, and we can base 200-yard competitions around those - so you don't have to cry about recoil and all that shiit.  I'm looking out for you, brother.  :thumbup:  I'll even duct-tape a Maxi-Pad on the buttstock on them for you, and bring Extra-Strength Midol with me.  Hell, I'll rub you down MYSELF with Vagisil, so it will help with the other manly kind of "aches and pains..."   Rub you all over, too. ❤️

One thing to know, though - once you come out for a shoot, you're fucked for life.  When you see it, do it, and experience this chaos - there's no turning back.  We really are all that, AND that bag of chips...   :lmao:  It's memories that you'll never forget - and never get back. 

I'm not exaggerating that in the smallest bit, either. We do it right, brother. 

Risk it - we're worth it.  After that, you can tell ALL the Full30 Brothers what they're missing...   :banana::hail:

Let's let YOU, make this gathering larger.  YOU might be that guy that gets the .308AR and Full30 groups REALLY TOGETHER...  You're that guy.  Right now.

I'm not instigating, or anything, though...  I'm just sayin'...    :popcorn:

Edited by 98Z5V

9 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Damn! Good thing the Shoot is 5-9 November, brother!  You're RECOVERED by then!

Tell the boss it's COVID-related - you'll be paid, AND have the time off!

I'll bring a few Ruger 10/22s, and we can base 200-yard competitions around those - so you don't have to cry about recoil and all that shiit.  I'm looking out for you, brother.  :thumbup:  I'll even duct-tape a Maxi-Pad on the buttstock on them for you, and bring Extra-Strength Midol with me.  Hell, I'll rub you down MYSELF with VagaSil, so it will help with the other manly kind of "aches and pains..."   Rub you all over, too. ❤️

One thing to know, though - once you come out for a shoot, you're fucked for life.  When you see it, do it, and experience this chaos - there's no turning back.  We really are all that, AND that bag of chips...   :lmao:  It's memories that you'll never forget - and never get back. 

I'm not exaggerating that in the smallest bit, either. We do it right, brother. 

Risk it - we're work it.  After that, you can tell ALL the Full30 Brothers what they're missing...   :banana::hail:

Let's let YOU, make this gathering larger.  YOU might be that guy that gets the .308AR and Full30 groups REALLY TOGETHER...  You're that guy.  Right now.

I'm not instigating, or anything, though...  I'm just sayin'...    :popcorn:

😁😂🤣 You truly are a sick fukr, but a hell of a guy despite it! 

2 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I won't quit until you show up, brother.  This year is the best year. :thumbup:  And every year gets better.

Just think about all the shiit you can talk to JF89 after this...   :banana:

This conversation has me thinking about something new, too - we're doing an 850-yard Night Shoot....  

22 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Don't be scared - just lay back and let it happen... :lmao:   Show up, brother, and you'll see what all the chaotic shiit-talking is all about.  It's real. I promise you that much, and it's worth it - and I promise you that part, too...  You have my money-back guarantee on this madness...    :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I won't quit until you show up, brother.  This year is the best year. :thumbup:  And every year gets better.

Just think about all the shiit you can talk to JF89 after this...   :banana:

This conversation has me thinking about something new, too - we're doing an 850-yard Night Shoot....  

Cash is a bit tight  this year as well, especially after getting the  Tavor 7, Beretta M9A3,  G45, a few optics,holsters, xtra mags, 2 Benchmade Knives, 4k 9mm, 2k 5.56....fuk, no wonder I'm broke! Your fucken "rule" that cost me $300 for the Wolfhound prism(although I'm glad I was forced to buy that, turned out a great little sight) 

I got to get some "post it" notes to stick on my screen now. Reading "DONT ASK ABOUT ANY GUNS OR GEAR @308AR.COM!!!"

2 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I'm glad you finally came around on this idea! I didn't have much luck shooting with my eyes closed to get the same effect.

Oh, it is ON now, brother.  Cold-Bore 850 at night is the new game, I see?...   :popcorn::banana:

1 minute ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I got to get some "post it" notes to stick on my screen now. Reading "DONT ASK ABOUT ANY GUNS OR GEAR @308AR.COM!!!"

That's what Quitter's do.  Don't be a quitter.  That goes back to 3rd Grade Playground Rules, right there.

Nobody ever likes a quitter, brother...