• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ruger Precision 308 Gen 3... Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Hey.....Whoa....Hey...............................Pump the brakes there big boy.

I wasn't the one that started the whole loquacious thing.

just to be accurate and everything.............................................................................

Hence the question mark...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never deny that I'm a fan of that prescription. But I never had the finger thing that Tom is squeamish about.

Now....I did get a good case of scope-eye with Mike's 300 winmag the first time out. Damn thing caught me above the eyebrow the first time I fired it. SHOCKER....Mike had a hot load in that thing. Somewhere around here, there's a picture of it.............and a picture of me nodding out in a chair by the fire late at night. :laffs:

Some things just don't change. :lmao:

On 8/4/2020 at 8:57 PM, Rsquared said:

Yeah, Greg (not GREG) and I had been poppin that target (with rifles, just playing around) until Larry hit that sumbitch. We just rolled out and moved on to drinking and bull$hittin at that point (if I remember correctly).

Fukin Larry.........he ruins everything. Fukin Lurch. :lmao:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!:lmao:

On 8/5/2020 at 12:42 AM, Rsquared said:

Hey.....Whoa....Hey...............................Pump the brakes there big boy.

I wasn't the one that started the whole loquacious thing.

just to be accurate and everything.............................................................................

Yeah, that was me! It IS a catchy word though, aint it?:laffs:

On 8/4/2020 at 10:19 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

Halibut makes great eating... even after you get it in the boat the fight ain't over.

Yup! my son warned me "Stay away from that fukker until we kill it! They can break your foot flopping around in the boat!" He also told me "If it's a very big halibut I shoot that fukker before it comes on the boat!":lmao:

halibut.jpeg.dcf4c713ec71fc99d6058ea670f91c89.jpeg

BTW, we had some halibut fish & chips at a dive bar called 'The Sand Bar' before we left and that was some good eating! A guy came walking in the back door and stopped at the table and gave my son a joint before going to the bar. Son didn't even know him. He just grinned at me and said "Only in Alaska dad!":laffs:

Edited by 392heminut

2 hours ago, 392heminut said:

What alot of people don't know here, is that is probably a FIVE FOOT FISH... perspective is all fucked up, because they just don't know that you're EIGHT FEET TALL... 

:thefinger::lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

There was talk about Larry's height, here on the board, just because... WAY BACK WHEN... He's no midget, that's for damn certain...  The whole "Lurch" pic and all...

So, talk comes up about Larry being in New Mexico, and the shoots happening out here in AZ, and his youngest son is leaving for the Marine Corps. Larry drop a line about his daughter living south of phx...  so we set up a shoot - just for his son leaving for Marine Boot Camp... and we all get together... Well...

I had to be a smartass...  Upon meeting Larry, first-time face-to-face, the only smartass thing I could think of to say was - gripping handshake - "Hey may, You're WAY SMALLER than the stories I've heard..."  

Yeah, THAT went over well...  :bitchslap::lmao:

12 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Yeah, that was me! It IS a catchy word though, aint it?:laffs:

Still think it would make a great stage name...

12 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Yup! my son warned me "Stay away from that fukker until we kill it! They can break your foot flopping around in the boat!" He also told me "If it's a very big halibut I shoot that fukker before it comes on the boat!":lmao:

BTW, we had some halibut fish & chips at a dive bar called 'The Sand Bar' before we left and that was some good eating! A guy came walking in the back door and stopped at the table and gave my son a joint before going to the bar. Son didn't even know him. He just grinned at me and said "Only in Alaska dad!":laffs:

Shooting them inside the boat can be an issue :soap: I've heard stories were the halibuts flopping around has led to injuries with people slipping/falling getting out of the way. 

There are some places further up the coast here were currency is cash,rolled or loose.

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I had to be a smartass... 

Better to go through live as a smart ass then a dumb ass...

5 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Shooting them inside the boat can be an issue :soap: I've heard stories were the halibuts flopping around has led to injuries with people slipping/falling getting out of the way. 

Nope, reread my post. He said it would be shot BEFORE coming in the boat!

On 7/20/2020 at 11:45 PM, Matt.Cross said:

They're really nice, I shot Tommy's a fair bit and it's good kit. I really want a Tikka T3X though, I've heard really good things about them.

Yep, I'm having a serious "Jones" for the "Alpine Veil", that stinkin thing is gorgeous, but then I bought Miss Wilson instead,,, a good choice, but....

On 8/9/2020 at 6:40 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

Must be my accent :cool:, never meant to imply he shot inside the boat, just saying people had and regret followed.

I''m glad I'm your Interpreter - but I left you hanging on that one.  I should have backed you up...   :bitchslap: