• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gray man concepts

Madhouse

Brother, are you looking at the gear side or the mentality side?  Those are the two big sections of it.  Inside of the mentality of it, you need to know how to use your gear, and you need to know how to move in/through a crowd unnoticed (with all your shiit) and get the fuk out of there.

EDIT- for those that don't know - this is a great primer on it:

https://www.thebugoutbagguide.com/gray-man-theory/

Edited by 98Z5V

It's damn good info, but there's so much more, deeper info, that you can get into in each little area. 

A long time ago, I built a gun for a specific reason, posted pics...  8" 300Blk pistol.  This is it's carrying case:

image.thumb.png.f17c88370341ff9dacba149408b982b5.png

image.thumb.png.8ce0b1c48b3753d6ee29fa4f40a2475f.png

image.thumb.png.6166c8be385f36b818bae5d9bf50f255.png

Kinda makes more sense now, in this topic, but that's why I did it back then.  Truck gun, a daily.  And I can get away easily, with that thing across my body or over my shoulder.  Nobody would think twice, in a crowd.  Just be casual, walk away,move like they move - go with the flow, break away when you can... 

When I built the 12.5" Grendel, I got another Wilson tennis racket case - but the12.5 Grendel was too long.  So I stuck a LAW Tactical folding stock adapter on it.  I'll find the pics of that one and put them in this thread... 

For whatever reason, I can't find the pics here of this 12.5" Grendel in the case.  At any rate, this is the gun, and folded, fits nicely into that case.  Same purpose for the build - "Who would think?..."

This gun gives alot more reach than the 8" 300Blk does, though.

https://forum.308ar.com/uploads/monthly_2018_05/1488602047_ShortGrendel1.jpg.189d8ba5dd4d8dcda11525b027318ee3.jpg

On 8/5/2020 at 7:43 PM, Madhouse said:

I've been reading and researching gray man concepts and practices.

Does anyone have any links or info to share on this topic?  My brain is still hungry.

I learned a lot of "Gray man" tactic in Marine Corps boot camp. Being of slightly above medium height and wearing the same utility uniform as the other 80 recruits was a big factor.  My name was never called for almost three weeks until I got a letter from my Mom. The Sr. Drill Instructor called my name and he said "Maggot, how in the hell have I not noticed you in my platoon, before now? I said "I don't know ,  Sir."

(Keep your mouth shut and stand still in the shadows, or walk along with the crowd)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not grey in the true sense but mental illness provides certain rights and causes reactions in people that can be a benefit in certain situations.

You need to know what they are looking for to fool them.......

https://www.corrections1.com/correctional-healthcare/articles/hes-faking-it-how-to-spot-inmates-invented-illnesses-dx3GtdjSL9acMbxn/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/machiavellians-gulling-the-rubes/202102/criminal-malingering-defendants-who-fake-mental-illness