• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PCP Air Rifle

DNP

So there I was...minding my own business when some center of uranus posts a link to an air gun site and get me thinking about them again. I’m really liking the idea of one of these right now:

http://www.lcsairarms.com/

Lucky for me my dreams of owning a certain 338 have never materialized and to top it off...my wife is behind the idea. I’ve got her convinced that as long as we can pump air, and melt something down...we’ll have a rifle that does a little damage at least. 

Currently torn between the .30 and the .25. I know we’ll get a few more shots per tank out of the .25, but I’d sorta like something delivering as much energy as possible. I’d go for one of the big bores, but like the ability to have semi auto (not to mention full auto on this one) and to get more than a handful of shots per tank. Some of the .45s and .357’s can put out some serious power, but you’d have to refill regularly and hire a Sherpa to drag the big bottle along if you ever wanted to use it away from a bench. 

So thanks a lot @unforgiven  I have a feeling this is going to get stupidly expensive. 

I've been wanting a good one for a while.  However,  every time I calculate & try to justify  how much $$$ it's going to cost for a "BB" Gun,   I say fuk it & buy a real firearm. Although i do have an RWS DIANA. 22 cal rifle & a single shot pistol in .177. that are cheap & fun to shoot, but a PCP would be better..,,.

1 hour ago, DNP said:

So there I was...minding my own business when some center of uranus posts a link to an air gun site and get me thinking about them again. I’m really liking the idea of one of these right now:

http://www.lcsairarms.com/

Lucky for me my dreams of owning a certain 338 have never materialized and to top it off...my wife is behind the idea. I’ve got her convinced that as long as we can pump air, and melt something down...we’ll have a rifle that does a little damage at least. 

Currently torn between the .30 and the .25. I know we’ll get a few more shots per tank out of the .25, but I’d sorta like something delivering as much energy as possible. I’d go for one of the big bores, but like the ability to have semi auto (not to mention full auto on this one) and to get more than a handful of shots per tank. Some of the .45s and .357’s can put out some serious power, but you’d have to refill regularly and hire a Sherpa to drag the big bottle along if you ever wanted to use it away from a bench. 

So thanks a lot @unforgiven  I have a feeling this is going to get stupidly expensive. 

Best part it's easy on the hearing. That link was a one stop. Glad I could help 😃 brother 🍺🍺

I’d really like one built in a home defense style. Nice and quiet, not over penetrating...would take too dam much air to have a 10-shot capable gun pushing heavy slugs semi auto. 

I really want something a little more fun that puts a little more whomp on the squirrels around my place. The .22 break barrel $300 rifle I have does t quite cut it. 

• 2 months later...

So my dad beat me to it. He is picking up his FX dreamlite today and a bunch of goodies to go with it. We’ll get to play a little this weekend and see how it goes. This stuff gets pricey quick. I thought 308’s were bad. 

He’s $3400 into an $1100 rifle between tanks, scope, bipod and some odds and ends. That’s been part of my holdup in doing it. He opted for the .25 caliber which is what I was leaning towards. Gonna be fun to test out on some ground squirrels tonight. 

His text last night after getting to play with it.

3BAB6F99-6884-41AE-A38B-4C62C4B7B87B.thumb.jpeg.202d332b6f13ca9c2f0901afd8040afa.jpeg

To clarify, he’s been getting rid of some peat birds that have done thousands in damage to wood on the house. You should have seen his garage door last year. It’s a nice wood roll up that had a few hundred holes in it and a handful of acorns. 

He brought it to the office today since I didn’t go by his place last night and wouldn’t get to go til the weekend probably. Holy crap it’s quiet. I’ve gotta get a tutorial out of our resident foam cutting expert so we can at up his hard case. 

got the Donny FL Shogun moderator for it. Will get some pics up. 

17 minutes ago, DNP said:

I don’t. I’ve been able to hold out on this for a long time. Was so close when I started this thread and cooled myself off. Now it’s going to be even harder to pass up. 

You can wait 'til the Fall Shoot.  Maybe.   I know that as SOON as you shoot DK's gun, ur done...    :lmao:    If you can manage to NOT shoot it, and stay away, DirtBike Tommy will have his gun out at the shoot, and you can't get away from that...   It's just "too much time..."   Brace yourself, brother.   :laffs:

I am sooo out of money right now it isn’t even funny. I don’t think there’s even room on the card for one of these. I guess if I skip buying the slabs for the countertops tomorrow I might be able to swing it…