• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Need help choosing budget scope for sass until i can land my dream scope,

Can you guys please help me on figuring out what way to go on buying a budget scope,, i want a 6-25x50 or something in that area i wanna get out to about 400-yards at most maybe 500,, i was looking at konus m30 , millett i really like the tactical turrets  ,is there any others i want the glass to be decent- i do understand these choices are not leupolds i don't want no set power scope. thanks for you help guys.

Look to Leupold, if you check Cabelas right now they are offering sale prices, free shipping, and a $10 mail in from Leupold. You can get a 3-9 vx2 for $239 before the rebate, not sure what the 6-24 was running.

Regardless, I would consider the vx2 line the cheapest scope to even consider, lifetime quality and great re-sell value if you go better.

I would avoid any of the garbage scopes out there as it's just wasting money. Get a basic high quality scope and sell it when you are ready to upgrade.

I didn't realize that "budget" scopes went into the $500-$600 range.

Personally, I'm currently looking at the Vortex Viper PTS 2.5-10x44 EBR-1 MOA. A decent looking scope for under $600. I can shoot 10x all day, to the max range of any of my rifles.

I'm hoping this lasts me a LONG time so I don't feel pressured into a NF or CS anytime soon. My wallet is going to file a restraining order against me.

the ss and the viper are also what im looking at..but the ss has the FFP and most reviews put the glass ahead of the vipers. i was all set on a monarch X 2.5-10 my friend wanted to sell me..but its still about $100 more than those two and has mil/moa. ive been looking at optics for a month now and it seems to get harder to decide the more i read lol. anyone here using a monarch X?

Not sure what is considered a 'budget scope' but I currently use a SWFA 3-9x40 FFP mil/mil and a Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 EBR-1 MOA on my DPMS MK 12. Both have very good glass and are more than sufficient for me. My eyesight sucks (getting old sucks) so the Vortex makes 300m and beyond much easier for me. Both are under 1K so you don't have to take out a second mortgage to get one. Using ADM RECON mounts on both scopes makes switching easy and they return to zero nicely each time. Both companies have good warranty and customer service which was also important to me.

• 1 month later...

I am kinda in a pickle. I am choosing between a nightforce 5.5 - 22 illuminated with the NP-R1 reticle. I have a connection that can get me a Trijicon Accupoint 5 - 20 for less than 1k. I was also looking at outfitting my AR15 with a trijicon accupoint 3-9. I have also been looking into U.S. Optics. I was thinking about possibly puchasing one really good scope and using it for all of my rifles and just keeping a log book on my PDA of what the zero settings are for each rifle.

I also demand illumination in my optics. I have some eye issues that almost demand it. My only concern is I have seen illumination on some reticles wash out in brighter lit areas.

What are your thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...