• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA Gen3 rifle kit worth the money?

wild03

Saw a deal on BLEM PSA GEN3 PA10 18" MID-LENGTH .308 WIN 1/10 STAINLESS STEEL 15" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK ACS-L EPT RIFLE KIT for $600. IS this wroth it? 

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psa-gen3-pa10-18-mid-length-308-win-1-10-stainless-steel-15-lightweight-m-lok-acs-l-ept-rifle-kit.html

I would need a lower, $100. Would like a 80% but that would cost more. then magazine.

So close to $800. 

Thoughts? thanks.

Edited by wild03

11 minutes ago, wild03 said:

Saw a deal on BLEM PSA GEN3 PA10 18" MID-LENGTH .308 WIN 1/10 STAINLESS STEEL 15" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK ACS-L EPT RIFLE KIT for $600. IS this wroth it? 

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psa-gen3-pa10-18-mid-length-308-win-1-10-stainless-steel-15-lightweight-m-lok-acs-l-ept-rifle-kit.html

I would need a lower, $100. Would like a 80% but that would cost more. then magazine.

So close to $800. 

Thoughts? thanks.

edit: 

Also read here that people need to buy a spring and heavier buffer is it still the case with this kit?

BTW: rifle is just to have and in collection, don't hunt (yet). closest range is only 100yds long. I already have a rem 788 rifle in 308. but i have hundreds of 7.62 PPU that it doesn't like. 

Mine works fine got it a few months ago but it's the 20 inch rifle length gas version.  Bought the blem lower from psa also.  Put it together the night I got the kit.  Got 1 moa with my handloads pretty easily.  No malfunctions.  Spent <50 dollars on a heavier buffer and spring setup based on advice here.  This wasn't necessary for the thing to function.

My understanding is the gen III is new and improved from earlier versions at least in some ways.  It definitely impresses me a lot more than any m16 or m4 I was ever issued.  Accuracy is on par with a factory bolt gun.

IMG_20210911_101604.jpg

Edited by shaffe48

• 1 year later...

PSA GEN3 PA10 18" MID-LENGTH .308 WIN 1/10 STAINLESS STEEL 15" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK MOE EPT RIFLE KIT:

Hi I am considering this kit and wondering if the Gen 3 is a good buid?  Can I use a 308 lower from another brand or do you need a PSA lower.  Any custom modifcation need besides drilling out the 308 lower?  I am new to the 308 platform so hope for a straight forward build.  IAre these good specs for a 308 build?

Thanks,  Thorne

My 2 PSA uppers only fit PSA lowers without modification.

You would also need to change out the gas tube to a proper length gas tube.

You would also need to change out the recoil system to a proper weight buffer and a proper spring.

I did not have to change the PSA's recoil system on the rifle lower I bought. Carbine lowers are a different matter.

You might also check out Bear Creek Arsenal. Their stuff fits DPMS lowers.

17 hours ago, ThorNor said:

PSA GEN3 PA10 18" MID-LENGTH .308 WIN 1/10 STAINLESS STEEL 15" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK MOE EPT RIFLE KIT:

Hi I am considering this kit and wondering if the Gen 3 is a good buid?  Can I use a 308 lower from another brand or do you need a PSA lower.  Any custom modifcation need besides drilling out the 308 lower?  I am new to the 308 platform so hope for a straight forward build.  IAre these good specs for a 308 build?

Thanks,  Thorne

I would only consider it if you were going to buy a matching PSA lower and pretty much just have that one gun. Otherwise IMHO I'd suggest sticking with stuff that is not proprietary. My first was an assembled Gen 2 PSA lower at a cheap daily deal price, but so far I was only able to find a stripped Gen I upper to build onto. Stripped uppers are shown on their website but never avail as far as I have seen. 

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

To continue reviving an older than particularly useful thread...

I picked up one of the Gen II kits on the cheap clearance price. I waited FOREVER it seemed and finally bought a plain jane Gen III lower. The differences in the lower between the II vs. the III were minimal. Not at all notable when assembled.

I swapped out the furniture. Might have swapped out the buffer and spring.
Added a red dot, iron sights and a magnifier.

Seems ok but I haven't wrung it out at the range beyond a function test.