• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Time for a new pellet grill…help me decide

DNP

So it’s time to replace the traeger. I’ll probably wind up fixing it so I have two, but there’s going to be a new one added to be our go-to. There’s so many options out there right now. Green Mountain has been good for most everyone here. Recteq maybe?  Anyone seen anything fun recently that looks worth a try?  Going for something big…it needs to hold a lot come party weekends. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^  I don't have a Camp Chef pellet grill - FUK ME!  I don't have ANY pellet grill.  But I've been into the Camp Chef stuff for several years now, so I can take it out to the dirt, and just beat it up - both on cooking and in transport.  Nothing rivals this hardware, for what I need it to do, and for what I have to do to it, just to get it there, and get it back.

I'll never turn back, and will always support them.  They make GREAT shiit - especially if you have to beat it up in transport.   :thumbup:

I don't care what you replace it with, as long as the output is the same. You've worked some magic with the stuff that you've cooked on that thing. Especially tri-tips if I recall. Some pretty good $hit.

I'm behind anything that you may want to try my man. Though......I may just end up in a tent outside your house waiting to be fed..........maybe.

On 5/6/2022 at 9:24 PM, DNP said:

So it’s time to replace the traeger. I’ll probably wind up fixing it so I have two, but there’s going to be a new one added to be our go-to. There’s so many options out there right now. Green Mountain has been good for most everyone here. Recteq maybe?  Anyone seen anything fun recently that looks worth a try?  Going for something big…it needs to hold a lot come party weekends. 

Either one of those are great choices and I would go with either to replace mine. Good friend of mine has a rec tec they’re bad ass and great customer service just like GMG. I honestly will probably buy another gmg. They have been great to me. My ignitor went out 2 winters ago I emailed them on a Friday night or Saturday about it and they emailed me back the following day (still the weekend). I expected Monday if not Tuesday. Also when my WiFi went out my board was outta warranty by 6mo- a year, they gave me a 25% off code to buy a new one. 

2 hours ago, shepp said:

Ps I grill/smoke on mine year round, in the warmer months I use mine 3-4 times a week, be interested in how many pounds of pellets I put thru her 

We were close to that. I used the hell out of the traeger. The Yoders look solid, but I recall hearing negative reviews years ago. That camp chef is tempting. I harassed the Traeger guy at Costco today. He told me all about the new features. They finally get up to 500 degrees “oh good, you’ve almost caught up to GMG”. He laughed. And showed me the 20lb hopper…”oh good, you’ve almost caught up to the camp chef”. He didn’t laugh as much. “Got anything better than the other guys?”  A warming drawer…for after you cook. I was not impressed. 

My biggest problem with Traeger is the price, they’re like yeti you’re paying 25% more for a name. 

I joke that Traeger’s cost more cuz they have to make up for all the free ones they give celebrities 

Was supposed to be back a little sooner today. We drove the minivan a little up the road to a campground near us, and hiked back home. I have to run the milage on it. Took a wrong turn and went around an extra mountain. Trying to get down the hill to look at some grills today. 

little Mother’s Day hike for mom. 

64CD0612-D891-47EF-8416-4463FA99C479.jpeg

90AEED9D-1B78-4A38-B3E3-1A7EEC604B79.jpeg

A3B634F0-E3F5-4E2B-B060-DEF38EF6EDCA.jpeg

CE0110B7-DA2A-4F6B-AA0E-0D056AA571E2.jpeg