DNP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, shepp said:

I was looking at that one too…that holds a bunch!

I think I’m going to fix the traeger so I have two available and have one more decent one to be the go-to. I want to check out one of the Yoder grills in person. I don’t think I’ll be going for the $5k one, but might consider the $2500 range…might. I could get a couple of nice GMG’s for that much.  I have plans to build a pit out of block at some point too, but I’ve been without a pellet grill for so long I need to remedy that first. Still debating if the sidekick is worth it on the Camp Chef. It definitely would be if I trailer it somewhere, like fall shoot. At home I have my gas grill right next to me, so that isn’t an issue here. There’s a lot of good choices out there. Hard to choose. 

2 minutes ago, sketch said:

My gmg control panel went down a couple weeks ago. Its been outside in some nasty weather (covered) for a couple years..

Every day is nasty weather there, unless it's August and September - and that's not a 2-month window, more like 5 weeks, max.  I did your hood for 12 years, bro.  You're on the Wet Side.  News channels bragging about "It's 100 straight days of RAIN!" and it's only April...   I know your hood, brother. 

Take care of your gear.   :lmao:

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Every day is nasty weather there, unless it's August and September - and that's not a 2-month window, more like 5 weeks, max.  I did your hood for 12 years, bro.  You're on the Wet Side.  News channels bragging about "It's 100 straight days of RAIN!" and it's only April...   I know your hood, brother. 

Take care of your gear.   :lmao:

Almost had to fight for the cover. Dude didnt show up and i had the $ I have an unbrella set up for wet days but it usually comes in sideways 😅 

Here'e me, back there...  Spring...

"Oh DAMN!  I can see the Mountain today!!!..."   :laffs:

That would trigger a run to Evans Creek ORV Area, amongst my buds.  Elbe Hills was ok, but Evans Creek blows it away. 

Edited by 98Z5V

22 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Here'e me, back there...  Spring...

"Oh DAMN!  I can see the Mountain today!!!..."   :laffs:

That would trigger a run to Evans Creek ORV Area, amongst my buds.  Elbe Hills was ok, but Evans Creek blows it away. 

You have to tell me more? I gave away all my bikes, but still need to finish the jeep.. or maybe a quad Raptor. 🤔 in grey! 

Went and looked at a couple yesterday. GMG is nice, but if you get the chance to fondle a Yoder…you’ll have serious grill envy. Those things are SOLID. Took the wife to see a couple today. Only I haven’t had a chance to check in person is the recteq. The price on the Yoders are crazy though. I could almost get 5 GMG for one Yoder.  That tells me I’m probably going GMG, but I can still dream for a bit. They have a 1500s coming in next month that isn’t spoken for. $5k for a smoker seems a bit steep though, but I think per pound it’s a good price. They’re made out of plate steel…not sheet metal. 

I can buy 5 GMG’s for that one. I need the box of truth to tell me how many GMGs it takes to stop a rifle round. I think GMG is it. I can’t stomach the cost of the other one. Or the almost 700lbs added to the trailer if I want to haul it with me. 

4 minutes ago, DNP said:

I can buy 5 GMG’s for that one. I need the box of truth to tell me how many GMGs it takes to stop a rifle round. I think GMG is it. I can’t stomach the cost of the other one. Or the almost 700lbs added to the trailer if I want to haul it with me. 

I get that.  I know you've hauled 700lbs of AR500 plates over here for us before - if you had a 700lb smoker - we get no more plates.   :embarrassed:

6 hours ago, sketch said:

Gmg is in my mind a jeep.. its my smoker and it has many problems but these are my problems . 

What sort of problems have you had?

My traeger made me happy for at least 5 years. The GMG is way better than my traeger was, I should still be plenty happy. I have to take the kids down for a dentist appointment today and I’m hoping we get out of there early enough to swing by the grill shop on the way home.