Intro of me and build issues

Sparkylr308

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you guys have the specs on the gas port of the 50 Beowulf? Midlength gas system? A coworker of mine has one, and the issues that he is running into seem eerily familiar to the issues I was having with the LR-308. Cycles some stuff barrel but then with other ammo it stovepipes ever time. 

16 minutes ago, Sparkylr308 said:

Do you guys have the specs on the gas port of the 50 Beowulf? Midlength gas system?

Midlength gas, but what's the barrel length?  Gas block journal size?  Know the current gas port diameter?

8 hours ago, shooterrex said:

My Beowulf upper was Alexander arms factory built.

Legit parts, for that caliber.  Very.  You might have to take it apart so we get some gas block journal info and gas port diameter info... :lmao:

I chat for hours with this guy, every single time I go to SHOT - James Reddish. 

Edited by 98Z5V

Another tip looking at your pictures your rifle is dry as a bone in the desert, lube that thing like you own the lube company  dripping wet and get a container and soak your BCG in Mobile 1 synthetic oil for at least two weeks , take it out to shoot but put it back in when you return home after the two weeks she will be slick and easy to clean... lube the upper and lower where the BCG rides marry those surfaces....

1 minute ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Soak it complete.  No need to take it apart.  Wipe off the bolt face before shooting.

As Doc said, wipe off the bolt face but other than that leave it drippy.  As you are shooting it you should have oil oozing out of every orifice of the upper/lower.  You want all those big metal parts sliding smoothly and mating together without hitting any dry spots.  (That should be a good mental image for ya!)   :thumbup: