• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What antivirus, internet security you guys running?

imschur

For a few years I was a volunteer member of the Trend Micro Power Users Group "PUG". I spent many hours per week doing controlled tests of future security applications. I eventually quit the gig when i saw trend micro was headed in a bloatware direction. Since then I began running most of the current products through their paces with mostly disappointing results.

My question is what are you guys currently running?

I left TM for Kaspersky for a few years. I was  running Symantec Endpoint Unmanaged  Client which is essentially NIS. I thought it was pretty good until I was troubleshooting strange issues with clients at the office. NIS was causing little annoyances that werent obvious. But I agree since they did the "Do over" it's a decent product.

I'm with unforgiven, I use Norton as well.

I used to use a program called NOD32, and it worked great. They got a little pricey though.

There used to be a yearly event held by the security companies, where they competed against each other to show dominance in their field. When I used NOD32, they were that years winner. I have since become very lackadaisical in keeping up with that technology.

NIS 2012, came with my new laptop.  My other laptop runs NIS Business Suite.  Used McAfee before & got a virus that McAfee didn't detect.  Took a couple weeks from when I spotted it, to when they created the definition.  I check NIS at the time & they had a definition for it the whole time.  This was a few years ago, so I can't remember exactly what brought my attention to the virus or what the virus did.

I am more than happy with NIS.

I've used them all and I currently have Microsoft Security Essentials on 7 computers at my business which see the internet quite a bit and 2 at home.  I've been using it for several years and have only ever gotten 1 virus (yesterday).  All the others I've used over the years either slowed my system down or just didn't do as good a job.  Don't get me wrong none of them are perfect but MSE just seems to work so much better.

Did I mention that it's FREE?    <thumbsup>