• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero precision M5 GTG?

Sparkylr308

Hello all. This may not be in the right forum so let me know if it is not please. I have built an LR-308 before. A Noreen billet upper and lower. I have an opportunity to get a Aero complete lower for an ok price. My question to you guys is the Aero M5 lower good to go or not worth it? As in quality. Obviously just a lower and there are more important parts. Thank you!

The M5 receivers are good stuff.

I own two M5 receiver sets that I've built and a friend built another couple.
I don't know if he's had his second gun to the range but the first three run like tops.
I have another M5 receiver set right beside me in a box with a collection of parts as I type this ready to build.
A friend of mine owned a shop here in CA for several years and sold Aero Precision receivers in both the large and small frames and AFAIK there were never any complaints about the receivers. One of the shop guys probably built a dozen or more guns on the M5 receivers.

I have a coworker who built up a M5 set who is having some issues right now getting his gun working but no complaints about the receiver. His problems appear to be not enough gas and trying a non-standard recoil system.

On 4/29/2023 at 8:12 AM, Sparkylr308 said:

Hello all. This may not be in the right forum so let me know if it is not please. I have built an LR-308 before. A Noreen billet upper and lower. I have an opportunity to get a Aero complete lower for an ok price. My question to you guys is the Aero M5 lower good to go or not worth it? As in quality. Obviously just a lower and there are more important parts. Thank you!

Been the go-to for years -had you researched that before asking, you'd have found that information.  Easily.

On 4/30/2023 at 8:34 PM, Sparkylr308 said:

@98Z5V I have always seen a lot people talk about them. Just like to get personal opinions though. For example I personally like Anderson but a lot of people like dis them. 

The Aero M5 receivers are a very, very solid platform to build the Large Frames from.  Aero nails it.  :thumbup:

Just don't use their M5 Carbine Recoil System that they sell.  Make your own, proper recoil system, if you decide to run the Carbine Recoil System.  Their Rifle Recoil System for the M5 is good. 

Edited by 98Z5V