• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The mile target

shepp

We need to get a list together of the new shots this year.  From the past, it was a pretty small group.  This year, that list grew exponentially.

Previously, here were the hits, all years combined:

@JBMatt and his .300 Win Mag.  And many other guns that people offered up.

Me and my .300 Win Mag.

@Magwa, last year, and his 6.5x.284 Norma - and again this year.

@sketch, last year, and his Barrett M99 bolt action .50 Cal.

That was it.  Previously, those 4 guns, for years now, are the only ones that connected, at 1,760 yards.  Other people might have shot those guns and connected, but those 4 guns were it...

This year, the new additions are:

@JBMatt's badass buddy Ty, on a 6 GT (!!!!)....  that gun of his is just BADASS!!!

@shooterrex, on his Bergara .300 Win Mag (almost an identical clone of one of Matt's guns).

Andy - who doesn't love Andy!...   He brought out a Bushmaster .50 cal, and shot, didn't connect.  He turned the gun over to his brother Paul, and Paul shot 5 shots, hit twice, on the second and fourth shots.  2 of 5 is badass!

KJ shot that same gun, connected.  Youngest person in the entire group to ever hit at 1760 yards! I think he's still 16 years old, but might have turned 17 recently. 

Nick T, with his .300 PRC did it.

@Matt.Cross used various different guns from different people, and hit multiple times.

@Cunuckgaucho smacked it, with Operation Maple Syrup, the 6.5 PRC gun.

If I left anyone out, please add them.  It was a good weekend to shoot a mile...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

@98Z5V if you're speaking to Ty, he showed Mike and myself a wind speed meter that also did barometric pressure,wind direction that connected to his ballistic app.

He mention the name but I've forgotten and he said it worked great and cheaper than a Kestral.

That would be sweet - try to remember that thing!  

But, I'm not getting rid of my Kestrel 5700 with it's Applied Ballistics software, that bluetooths to my Bushnell laser range finder...  

On 11/20/2023 at 1:17 AM, 98Z5V said:

That would be sweet - try to remember that thing!  

But, I'm not getting rid of my Kestrel 5700 with it's Applied Ballistics software, that bluetooths to my Bushnell laser range finder...  

Right on. Bluetooth Kestrel is serious nerd magic bordering on the miraculous.

1 hour ago, Matt.Cross said:

Right on. Bluetooth Kestrel is serious nerd magic bordering on the miraculous.

I need to use it more, because of that.  I'm still trapped in CaveMan mode, do it all without batteries...   :bitchslap:

Spring Shoot, we'll shoot 2,000 yards...   I have it figured out.  2k or bust.  :thumbup::banana:

On 11/20/2023 at 2:55 AM, 98Z5V said:

I need to use it more, because of that.  I'm still trapped in CaveMan mode, do it all without batteries...   :bitchslap:

Spring Shoot, we'll shoot 2,000 yards...   I have it figured out.  2k or bust.  :thumbup::banana:

The Kestrel math for pre and post-transonic bullet flight is fantastic for ELR. I want to try a mile with the MA TEN just for giggles, I think the Kestrel might just be the ticket.

On 11/19/2023 at 11:47 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

@98Z5V if you're speaking to Ty, he showed Mike and myself a wind speed meter that also did barometric pressure,wind direction that connected to his ballistic app.

He mention the name but I've forgotten and he said it worked great and cheaper than a Kestral.

I was standing right there for the convo too and have no memory what it was 

So success I found it 

https://shop.weatherflow.com/collections/meters/products/weathermeter-precision-shooting

and if you put it in your cart but don't press purchase, the next day they'll send you a code for 10% off. While it will not out perform a Kestral for USD112 shipped to Canada it's hard to say no and Ty speaks pretty highly of it and it's interface with GeoBallistics app.