Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will try to get some pictures. 1200lbs of beef going into a 40' long brick lined pit tonight. Not really grilling....but figured it still fits. Church is having their 77th annual deep pit this weekend. They started the fire about 1 today and we will start prepping near in about an hour. Should go in the ground around 9 or so.

• 3 weeks later...

This http://www.oakridgebbq.com/shop/signature-edition-habanero-death-dust/#axzz3DyEtsPp6 and this http://www.oakridgebbq.com/shop/dominator-sweet-rib-rub/#axzz3DyFOVEMk   in a 3:1 ratio the 1 being the Death dust,is the winning combination here.Very gratefull to my brother from another mother for turning me on to this. :hail:

Edited by unforgiven

Rubbed the night before with veg oil and a cinomon chipotle rub I had (store bought fri was a long day at work) I shouldn't have skimped and made my own. 3.5 hours 240 smoked with Apple cherry and finished off with oak. Covered with some home made sauce last 45 min, also spritzed twice with Apple mango and had 1/3s of Apple mango water in the water pan

EBCA7DDE-C098-4A4F-8721-70497800AF2C_zps

Edited by shepp

These were farm raised, I do have some wild loin and ground in the freezer tho. These had a good marbleing of fat. Never had spare ribs before I like how the thin edges get like "burnt ends" a lot more fat and connective tissue than I'm used to but they were really good

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic