• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

8 minutes ago, washguy said:

Plane.  Lol.   Okay so Culvers it was

I cant make up my mind on Culvers...The burger was good...cheese curds okay..what do ya dip em in?... or do ya eat em naked?  But the combo was almost 10 bills...I dunno whether I would drag someone there ??:cool:.  Wash

Ranch all deep fried foods get dipped in ranch

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got a chance to to do a little BBQ of my own;

100_5439.JPG100_5440.JPG

5 pound chunk of pork from my little brothers organic farm, wish he was here to enjoy it with us. No fancy equipment, just a plain old propane grill with the vents foiled shut, hickory chips in a foil pack on the side with the burner on low while the pork hangs out on the other side. 5 hours later and I have a belly full of smoky goodness.

On 6/2/2012 at 10:36 AM, shepp said:

That looks amazing!!!

A side I like to do is fresh veggies on the grill. Fresh brussel sprouts ( I know but trust me it you get them fresh and golf ball sized they are awesome), culiflower, carrots and red potatos.

Half and cut ends off sprouts, half and quarter potatoes, cut up cauliflower & carrots into bite size pieces.

Toss in olive oil, and spread on cookie sheet or in alm. Roasting pan and gill for 30 min at 350-400 or until browned. I normally do it in one of those tossable alm pans and stir them 3-4 times.

Then after their done I lightly salt them with sea salt

Son in law did veggies  Brussels sprouts small red tatters red onion some mild peppers zucchini  with olive oil salt and pepper.It was good sprinkled with a little garlic salt. 

I do tatters onions bell peppers an yellow squash and tomatoes garlic powder and onion baby carrots.  fresh ground black pepper in olive oil then after it is grilled add some sea salt. I have been double wrapping in foil but am going to do Brussels sprouts tatters and onions in a throw away aluminum foil pan,in bacon grease with some swiss chard wilted in with a splash of vinegar. Sounds good and a bit hillbilly.

18 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Son in law did veggies  Brussels sprouts small red tatters red onion some mild peppers zucchini  with olive oil salt and pepper.It was good sprinkled with a little garlic salt. 

I do tatters onions bell peppers an yellow squash and tomatoes garlic powder and onion baby carrots.  fresh ground black pepper in olive oil then after it is grilled add some sea salt. I have been double wrapping in foil but am going to do Brussels sprouts tatters and onions in a throw away aluminum foil pan,in bacon grease with some swiss chard wilted in with a splash of vinegar. Sounds good and a bit hillbilly.

I now sub in and out all kinds of veggies and since I got my cast iron, I normally do it in there. Right now asparagus is in season so it's lots of asparagus, potatos and mushrooms. Wish I could find some morels but the weather hadn't been cooperating. In the summer once the garden is going it's what ever I can find out there. 

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Shepp. Made another run up by Culvers

Had their fish combo and a concrete mixer......Daaaamn that was some great fried fish !!!!   The salted carmel chocolate bar  concrete  was baad azz 

Wash

Their fish is really good for "fast food". up here there's so many fish fries in Friday nights that they kinda get pushed in the back burner, but durning lent they're packed on Friday nights

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic