Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brisket point rubbed injected and ready to rock for the morning. Vac Sealed the flat up and tossed it in the freezer, ordered a 4.5 gallon polycarbonate tub with lid and pink cursing salt off amazon this morning. I'll start the Corning process as soon as that comes to make pastrami. Doesn't seem to hard just takes time atleast a week to corn it then pull it sit a few days then smoke and refrigerate. 

image.jpeg

18 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Me thinks the warrenty just went  VOID

You're probably right, but I figured that as soon as I drilled a hole through the side to mount the smoke daddy. I'll hope it keeps working for a while. Now it should be easier to travel with....she's already been dinged. 

Point turned out good, not as good as the last one, lots of fat......... tomuch fat. I think I'll be going to the butcher shop from now on. 

Another thing that fuk'd me today is my pump took a poop for the smoke daddy, it was running but not putting out air, inhad another one but it was like 4-5 hours in by the time I figured out it was junk. 

Still better than the shoe leather I've had else where

image.png

image.png

Mine burned out on me while we were in the pool. By the time I got out and knew what happened internals were down to 150ish. They were around 170 before we got in. I cleared the overload of pellets, fired it back off and upped the temp to 250. Pork got dried out a little. Shoulder wasn't too bad but the small roast was pretty dry. Still tasted pretty good. Used the smoke daddy recipe for the brine, added some bay leaves and thyme. Ran with the meathead's Memphis Dust for the rub. Basically sugar and the usually. Paprika, garlic, onion and pepper. No salt. I gotta get some oak ridge ordered back up....I'm missing it. 

The wife (God I love her) came home with 15 lbs of boneless pork shoulder and told me to get to work. Pulled pork for my daughters birthday party!

Turned out really great, super juicy with a great bark. Used the Pecan wood I bring up from Texas, mixed in with some hickory as well. 11 hours of smoking, and when I tried to lift it out of the pan it just fell apart Lol. Smoked about 225 for 5 hours of heavy smoke, then covered it partially and smoked for another 6 hours. Rubbed in Grub Rub, a Texas treat of mine.

IMG_1903.JPG

IMG_1902.JPG

IMG_1901.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic