• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Colorado Theater Shooting

98Z5V

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder the same thing - but the guy is highly educated.  Info is everywhere, especially on the 'net.

What botheres me most, even from Fox News, is the reporting of how much poop "he bought on the internet..."  - that is DEFINITELY not good for our future.

Despite all that, I find it very odd that something like this would happen while there is an ongoing UN conference, right here in this country, that is directly aimed at a worldwide small-arms treaty agreement... 

Well , if your one of those conspiracy theorist, they are doing experiments on young collage students & using a phone call or some other subliminal message to set them off .

Like the movie with Charles Bronson , "Telefon", not as far fetched as you would think .

With the economy in a shambles & no prospective work for anyone out of collage , stress & probably a history of mental illness , be it known or not , is what sets these people off the deep end .

No amount of gun control will ever stop some one from doing some thing like this , if they set there mind to it , but get ready for the on slot of gun control !

What really bothers me is , some one knew he was going off the deep end . His mothers statement that they had the right guy , is proof of that , if its a true statement.

The mainstream media, which I don't trust, is saying "the lone gunman" over and over.

Alternative media has an interview with a woman from inside the theater, who stated that the man in front of her received a phone call on his cell phone, then got up and opened the exit door for Holmes.

Holmes' neighbor stated that around midnight loud techno music started blaring from his apartment.  She went up to complain, the door was slightly ajar...and she thought "Maybe I should leave it alone."  Probably saved her if the booby trap info is correct.

In one fell swoop semi-auto rifles, shotguns, handguns, and internet orders (6,000 rounds?!  Amature!).  An Aussie bloke on another forum, in response to "That'll never happen here," reminded us that it happened THERE.

As to the money, he just dropped out of medical school...what kind of refund is that?

As to conspiracy theory...same as above, everything at once.  An off-radar, "nice quiet guy" average (white) John Q buys all these evil implements and flips...obviously the government needs to protect us from everyone. NOT

Jon

Refund ?

It's between semesters, and how many can pay for med school out of their pocket ?

Loans and grants go back to the govt. don't they ?

$20,000 is still a lot of money for someone on unemployment.

And also some of that gear is kind of hard for non military or LEO to get.

I hesitate to comment on this because there is just so much that none of us know about the shooter. But, although I have a healthy mistrust of the Gov, I believe that a more plausable scenario than Gov programmed people, might be that this apparently highly intelligent individual, acted alone, to create enough public outrage, so that the anti gun movement is able to prevail, or, a more likely explaination, he is a mentally unstable person that feels invisible, and wants desperitely to be noticed, and instead of working diligantly in his chosen field for years to make a positive contribution to society that might get him recognized someday, he was able, with one heinous act to become famous. It is unfortunate that due to the freedoms in our country, these type of people seem to have ready access to the tools to commit these atrocious acts. Make no mistake, if he could not have done it with guns, he would have managed to do it with anthrax, saran gas, or fertilizer and fuel oil. As long as these people have the financial means, and the access to the components to commit these crimes, they will continue. It is the mindset of the individual that we need to be worried about. Unfortunately, this happens to serve the cause of those that would like to disarm us for their own agenda. I think that if, as I read somewhere else, a couple of patrons of the theater had been armed with .40 Glocks, and had returned fire this guy would have likely, been preoccupied with their offensive actions and might have been put on the defensive, instead of walking around the theater unchallanged and killing people that were either unable, or unwilling to fight back. I don't know this to be true, but I have read that the type of body armor he wore (soft) is such that although it will protect from penetration, those struck with major cal rds with feel as though they have been punched and will at the least be distracted, and possibly choose to retreat. Another thing to consider is that theaters, due to their policy of no firearms, like colleges, become very attractive targets for those that wish to commit these acts without fear of opposition.

Refund ?

It's between semesters, and how many can pay for med school out of their pocket ?

Loans and grants go back to the govt. don't they ?

$20,000 is still a lot of money for someone on unemployment.

And also some of that gear is kind of hard for non military or LEO to get.

Yeah, refund back when he started purchasing firearms, which has been said was a "few months ago".  He dropped out of the PHd program last month.  We don't know how far in advance he had paid or if he was on grants (which have to be paid back if you drop) or loans, or the "Yup, that's him!" mom in San Diego.

Some of that gear is also easier to get than out of date Twinkies. 

And where is the "$20,000" figure coming from?  An AR-15, a Remington 870, and a GLOCK .40, plus 6K of ammo leaves a great chunk of change left over...especially since we don't know what caliber(s) this order was.

Jgun, I agree...fighting back is always the better choice than sitting back and waiting your turn.

Unfortunately, due to this event and events scheduled for next week, we may all well be facing that same choice.

Jon

I.m surprised that noone with a CCWeapon was able to stop this guy.Brother Jgun said firearms are prohibited in theaters there? there are no such signs here in Indiana.The phone thing was just a ruse for him to get weapons,but am suprised the doors didn't have alarms when opened as they are for emergency exit.A true heatbreaker for the innocent people that got hurt,but to bring babies and kids to a midnight show?Lot of ammo [figureatively speaking for anti-gun].Just like the airplane hijacking showed you can't just sit by and die.If they would have bum rushed him it would have mitigated loss of life.He had a plan not much different than a suicide bomber and maybe part of it was an anti-gun agenda in a round about way.Financeing this how about a credit card?He knew he wasn't gonna pay anyway.Sad... Rene

I.m surprised that noone with a CCWeapon was able to stop this guy.Brother Jgun said firearms are prohibited in theaters there? there are no such signs here in Indiana.

I'm in southern Indiana. AMC owns the theaters around me. They have a 4" x 4"  (estimate) no gun sticker on their entrance.

What botheres me most, even from Fox News, is the reporting of how much poop "he bought on the internet..."  - that is DEFINITELY not good for our future.

The news kept mentioning the ammo thing, so I counted mine today. I have about 5200 rounds. I also own more than four guns, and a 150 round drum. According to the news, I must be just as crazy,if not crazier, than the the shooter.

It is a sad incident that happened and I feel for the families who's worlds will be and are completely wrecked over this one individual. Was it a conspiracy? NO I don't think so. I think it was one crazy ass hole who could not make it in the world, who flipped out and decided it was time to stop trying. If the statement about the words of his mother are correct then that alone tells me she knew he had problems and a strong possibility of a history of mental illness. It does come at a horrible time in our country with the balance and fate of firearms lays in the hands of many liberals. We must now keep on collecting ammo to be put up and get ready for our own battles possibly in the future. I know here in the South a complete ban on arms will not go over well but we all know the U.S goverment don't care about the people so if it is what they want the end results will be just that a complete removal of firearms. I think I may go a head and sell everything I have and cash out?

Oh yeah,  if there had been people there who exercised their rights to own and CCW maybe the situation would not of been so bad! I also carry everytime my family goes to the picture shows and no our theaters have nothing that say no firearms and even if they did they would not be legal signs in the state of Georgia and I would still care and all they could do if the knew or someone happened to see it would be to ask me to leave.

I can't imagine what this guy did...He left his girlfriend and 4 year old, dropped his 4 month old on the floor and ran out of the movie, got in his car and called his girfriend from a mall to see if she was alright... <dontknow>  I'm glad i wasn't in combat with him...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176718/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Colorado-Shooting-Jamie-Rohrs-lost-baby-floor-panic-massacre-cinema.html

Here in Missouri business's can post a no weapons allowed sticker on the doors.  But if they don't see it, then how do they know you have a weapon on your person.  Also several years ago there was a small push in my area of Missouri where if a business had a no weapon allowed sticker on the door then the mgr or owner was approached by those of us that carry and asked them why they have the ban for law abiding citizens but not criminals.  We asked about their insurance if something would happen to us if their store was robbed and someone was shot, and would even let the mgr or owner know that if they kept the sign up then we would not shop at the store until the sign was removed.  Some did not know how to answer the question.  Maybe we should start this back up again, no matter what state we live in!!

No matter what is said by politicians or the news media , this is pure & simple " a terrorist act " . He most definitely terrorized those people , why not call it what it is ?  Why because he is the boy next door , BS. Its because they won't be able to use it in the way they want to , is why.

His purchasing of the firearms , ammo & what ever he used to make the IED's , for an illegal purpose, made him a felon criminal right off the get go .

It took a lot of time to set up for this act & no one noticed ! There's a trail of some sort on this guy & we may never know , because they will suppress it. Maybe a Doctor he was seeing or some one probably knew he was capable of this . Its always the shy & loners who do these things or are they ? So many questions & so little answers.

Makes ya kinda wonder how these people stay off the radar.

I like that idea alot brother Ghorn money is what people understand.And brother survival how did he get under the radar,the same way Mcviegh and that dude that blew up the bus with Isralies.He is the boy next door,not a beaner[like me],black,arabic,eastern indiana.Treat everyone the same, suspect ALL not just a certain color or ethnicity.And his mom knew more than she is saying.

Well , if your one of those conspiracy theorist, they are doing experiments on young collage students & using a phone call or some other subliminal message to set them off .

Hey, brother, that's not what I was getting at - not that this was some kind of Gov setup, or anything like that. 

What I was referring to was the timing of this event, and the fact that the UN ATT was going on through Friday.  The fact that is happened at midnight on a Thursday night means that all those assholes that are "delegates and decision-makers" at that damn treaty have just been given the "gift" of emphasizing arms control over citizens for a full day.  Politics. 

Those dickweeds can use those sad families in a way that would benefit nobody - but themselves.  I wish I was a fly on the wall in that meeting all day Friday, just to hear the bullpoopy that was spewed by those agenda-seeking jackasses. 

More than being there and hearing it all, I'd have liked to been given the opportunity/permission to shout "bullpoopy!!!" at the top of my lungs, everytime they brought it up as an example. 

As far as this current administration, and it's agenda, I trust them not in the least.  They created Gunwalker, authorized Gunwalker, and implemented Gunwalker.  At that point, they used Gunwalker to enact new laws.  The poop didn't hit the fan until Brian Terry was killed.  I don't trust that any of them have the interests of this country in mind - only their own collective and personal agendas.