Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Gunshow.  Sorry, wrong Ron.

I did go to a gun show in Fort Worth today with one thing in mind.

IMG_20260926_1833122.thumb.jpg.e0cc9b9c4b2f1eeece27ca51bc9b441f.jpg

I decided to proceed with a new purchase in my quest to be civilized.  I bought it so that I could use it on a new build that I have not even test fired.  I got a couple of adapters for alternate calibers and thread patterns.

I used our newly-restored right to purchase it with a GOA membership, 4473, Texas LTC and cash.  I was done in about 20 minutes.  There's no NICS check with a Texas LTC.

I have not tested it yet, so I can't tell you how well it works.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc
Posted
On 9/26/2026 at 3:46 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

I purposely did not put this in the Class 3 section since I did not go through that process.:banana:

This is the very best part of this thread!!!!  :thumbup::hail::lmao:

Posted (edited)

FWIW, my second can was a .45 (Dead Air Ghost- 45M). It's the most versatile can I own. But as you know requires many adapters for best and easiest/most convenient use.

I use the Ghost for .22 rimfire, 300BLK subs, 9mm, and anything .45 and smaller and lowish pressure. Mostly what I listed is what I use it for but it'll do more cartridges. I just don't use them. 

Excellent choice is where I'm going with this!

Cleaning tip... I've tried many methods and I don't know what your suppressor is made of. If no aluminum or other corrosives metals, a 50/50 dilution of CLR/water works great. If corrosive metals the new BreakThrough cleaner is what to use for effort free cleaning according to Dead Air. It's costly so save it for reuse. Either way an overnight soak. The Ghost needed cleaning 2 years ago and on top of that I shot a match with it and used it for those 2 years. I couldn't get the baffels out. Caked on crud on the parts I could get to? Yeah, I guess! The over night soak made the magic by simply allowing pushing the baffels out with no effort. The caked on crud mostly dropped off and what didn't an old toothbrush got with a token brushing. Yeah, I've tried many other methods, the CLR has so far worked best. BreakThrough was suggested to me by Dead Air as working better but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. The CLR works fine with a Ti can, no issues. 

BreakThrough is on Amazon.

After you've had time to form an opinion let us know how you like shooting quieter. Me? I never shot so much subsonic ammo in my life if that tells you anything.

Edited by BrianK
for better understanding

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...