Drew, I bought another one...

98Z5V

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hell yah! You get bucked off you climb back on that horse and ride!  <thumbsup>

When I high sided my Harley Ultra I was gonna get back on and ride back home, 55 miles. When I rolled over onto my hands & knees all those broken bones that were crunching and grinding said oh no you're not! <dontknow>

that sounds bad.....high sides suck! hide side once, low side once knock on wood that'll never happen again.

Finished this bad boy.  Full rebuild on everything - forks, rear shock, engine (bored up one, with new piston), all new bearings, seals, gaskets throughout, new cables, brake lines, rebuilt both master cylinders - everything.

Ripped it up and down the parking lot behind the shop yesterday, after a few heat cycles on the engine (was a 491cc stock, now it's a 503cc tire-shredder). 

Sitting back on the seat a little bit, eased up in 2nd - as soon as it starts getting on the pipe, it lifts the front tire.  More right-hand twist, more tire lift.  It did that through 4th.  Didn't have enough parking lot for 5th...  <laughs>

Scoot forward on the seat a little bit (nuts on gas cap, kinda), and RAGE through 4th.  "Hmmm...  Damn, that clutch is slipping...  Looked great when I had it all apart, too...  Hit it again, feels like the clutch is slipping..."

Stop at the back of the shop, and one of my techs says "look at your rear tire...  You were smoking that tire through all the gears going down the parking lot..."  <lmao>

Sure enough, brand new knobby, 15psi, hot asphalt paarking lot - rounded off the fronts of all the knobs...  <thumbsup>  HELL YEAH!!!    ;D

post-71-136297283401_thumb.jpg