• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Drew, I bought another one...

98Z5V

98Z    I love bikes but they hate me <laughs>  dirt bikes yeah that was a fun bike i had....tree stump on rib cage...still got the scar <lmao>  remember the Kawasaki H2 750...the fastest street bike back in the 70's? might have been the fastest, but it was ill handling.... wrecked it out bringing it home from the dealership it started raining on me...11 miles on the brand new bike...me a broken rotator cuff on my left shoulder...yep im lefthanded too.. <lmao>...like I said I love bikes! <lmao>  Wash

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

98Z    I love bikes but they hate me <laughs>  dirt bikes yeah that was a fun bike i had....tree stump on rib cage...still got the scar <lmao>  remember the Kawasaki H2 750...the fastest street bike back in the 70's? might have been the fastest, but it was ill handling.... wrecked it out bringing it home from the dealership it started raining on me...11 miles on the brand new bike...me a broken rotator cuff on my left shoulder...yep im lefthanded too.. <lmao>...like I said I love bikes! <lmao>  Wash

saw a video of a guy on an H2 at the drag strip eatting busas and ZX-14's left and right that thing was wicked! i want a two stroke street bike to turn into a cafe' bike. i was 5 min away from getting a mint RD350 for dirt cheap but it was sold just before i called:(

Shepp  It was over 6 months before I could get back on the h2....thats how long it took my shoulder to get kinda healed....the bike only suffered minor damage on the way home....geez it was a good thing the shop owner threw in a helmet free with the sale of the bike <laughs>

but when I finally did get to ride...Wow! that thing was fast...I remember using this special oil mixed with the gas klotz I think was the name.For a two stroker geez it had torque.  :)  Wash

wash, the H2 was one bad MFer.  That thing was nasty.  So was that Yammie RD350, Shepp.  I wish the days of the 2-smoker were still alive and well, but the EPA fucked that up for everyone. 

2-stroke technology has come SO far since then, too - Direct Fuel Injection, computerized tuning, etc.  They're better than ever now, but you can only get that stuff on a boat engine now... 

Hoooooly FAAAAAAAAAKKKK~!  Parts are damn hard to find for a 1998.  :o

Seat on mine is shot - like, WAY fukked up.  Foam is gone, pitted, chunked...  Cheaper to buy a factory seat than to try to piece a seat cover (not original) to some aftermarket foam, that might not fit right - EFF it.  New, factory seat, complete.  1998 available - Good!  ;D  1998 Radiator Shrouds - DISCONTINUED. 

Shat.

Okay, we'll go 1999 on the style, and keep it factory.  Seat, available, radiator shrouds...  Left, available, right, OOS...  <<< that means Honda had ONE, but not the other...  searching my circles HARD for this poop!  :o :-[

Settled on this - 1999 seat (cool fukkin seat    <thumbsup>) and the 2000 radiator shrouds.  Should come out looking great - we shall see, though. 

Pics when parts come in.  <munch>

That's the biggest complaint about Jap bikes...support dies a few years after production of that EXACT model ends, and they are constantly tweaking parts.

My buddy got a 5-speed gear box for his H-D and it said something like "1936-1987 models only".  :o  Nothing like keeping up with the latest technology.  <laughs>

Wanna know how far 2-stroke technology has come? 

http://www.deltahawkengines.com

Bad ass!

Jon

Yea it was a Yamabomb, guy was selling it for 500$ so it went fast

wash, the H2 was one bad MFer.  That thing was nasty.  So was that Yammie RD350, Shepp.  I wish the days of the 2-smoker were still alive and well, but the EPA fucked that up for everyone. 

2-stroke technology has come SO far since then, too - Direct Fuel Injection, computerized tuning, etc.  They're better than ever now, but you can only get that stuff on a boat engine now...

Shepp  I was remembering the H2 or was it a daytime  nightmare? <laughs>  dadgum heres a quote I found.

"It was notoriously dangerous, being prone to up-and-over wheelies and speed wobbles. The dangerous handling characteristics arising from its mediocre frame design caused it to be nicknamed the "Widowmaker" by motorcycle enthusiasts of the 1970s."

Why didnt that  shop owner tell me this before handing me the keys? <laughs>  you know my shoulder still makes grinding noises ;D  Wash

a good friend of mine is about 5 years older them me, his first bike was an RD250 when he was ready for a new bike anyother friend of mine talked him into keeping the RD in storage and when he was older and had more money to restore it (this was prolly 97-98). in 04 05 he took the bike outta storage and fixed it up. i took it for a ride one day and as i was coming back and alil more comfy on it i got on it in 2nd 3rd gear hit the power band and next thing i know the front wheels off the ground totally threw me for a loop, and thank god i got her back down and didnt loop :D ever since that day ive wanted a 2 stroke street bike, when i was in china i was in heaven 125-250 smokers grew on trees!!!!!

I'll search for some drag data on them, but the last year they were legal in Moto GP (2001), the 500cc 4 cylinder 2-strokes were putting out almost 230hp.

From a 500cc engine...  :o  Size-wise, if a Ford Mustang 5.0L put out 2,300hp, it would be in an identical size-to-hp ratio...  <laughs>

I'll search for some drag data on them, but the last year they were legal in Moto GP (2001), the 500cc 4 cylinder 2-strokes were putting out almost 230hp.

From a 500cc engine...  :o  Size-wise, if a Ford Mustang 5.0L put out 2,300hp, it would be in an identical size-to-hp ratio...  <laughs>

and cost a couple million, moto gp bikes are like the F1 cars of motorcycles. actully thats what i was doing in china, i was at the motoGP in shanghi in 08'

awesome!!!!! i want to catch them at the new track in texas, moto gp and f1!!!

right now they only race Indy and Laguna in the states. they are amazing sound evil, ive seen them at Indy 3 times and once at the Shanghi F1 track as i stated before. id really love to see them at laguna, thats a track ive always wanted to see.

they are actually done at indy, the infield track is unsafe, and they won't be back there.

laguna seca weekend is an awesome bid, especially with world super bike there at the same time.

I've done track days at pocono and loudon… wish i could've raced road atlanta and mid ohio.

i didnt know that (but i havent really followed it this year either). that really suck cuz its only a 5 hour drive for me. hell ive only road my bike once this year:(

laguna seca weekend is an awesome bid, especially with world super bike there at the same time.

Laguna Seca just happened.  Guy from the shop works the track at every one.  Massive crashes this year - Rossi and many others ate it at the top of the corkscrew, and the stories go from there - that was practice, so none of was recorded or televised... 

New plastics on the way, only thing I'm keeping is the tank.  Waiting on engine parts to show up - 100% rebuild of the engine entirely.  Forks need rebuilt, and rear shock, too.  I'll send the frame out for powdercoat while everything is apart. 

Just takes time (for stuff to show up) and money (to get stuff to show up)...  <laughs> <lmao>

Yep!  Mostly, anyway...

Had to change up a few things based on some of the body parts availability.  1998 rad shrouds no longer available.  TWO 1999 rad shrouds available, but when I went to order them, one of them was backordered - means it's gone forever...  Ended up going with the 1999 seat, and 2000 rad shrouds.  The engine, suspension, and everything else ran from 1989 to 2001, mostly unchanged, and all that stuff is still available.