• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My Iron Ridge Arms Build...

EdMP3006

Hiya guys.....its not a complete rifle from them, but I did get their stripped lowers and uppers, one set for me and one set for my dad.

Here is my current parts list...w/ the exception of charging handle, gas tube and pins:

Stripped Iron Ridge Upper/Lower

Magpul PRS

Standard Grip....for now

Standard LPK....for now

DPMS 24" Bull barrel

DD Lite 12.0 rail

DPMS BCG (Chrome)

And here it is just pieced together, nothing tightened

P6070021.jpg

I like the DD FFT the more I see of it... May have to put one on my new project!!

I really wanted the LaRue rail first....but, they dont make the barrel nut for DPMS threads, even though on the website it did say that it would fit DPMS......but I really do like it and it came with rail covers as well

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, i still need to get the gas tube and pin for this, is there someplace you suggest getting it from, as I assume its different than the AR15 gas tubes?

Gas tubes & pins are the same as AR 15/16 family. ( rifle ,Mid, Carbine )

You can get them just about any where you get AR parts from .

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice looking weapon. I've drooled over the Iron Ridge stuff for a while. Let us know how it shoots. I read on here some people were having buffer damage problems and they were having issues with the company's customer service, so I held off. If your set runs well, I'm definitely going to be considering them.

Well I built mine from scratch, the only things I got from IRA were just the stripped lower and stripped upper, but from when I did some function firing, I didnt see any buffer issues, but as soon as I can do a proper range test I can give a better opinion...

You'll need to get a few hundred rounds downrange before the issue shows up - if it even does.  They might have fixed it, and it was bad machining on their part that caused it.  They denied that, but it was pretty evident once it was all figured out.

If you DO have the problem, there's an easy cure for it.  <thumbsup>

If you notice the edges of your buffer getting chewed up, you need to post up about that pretty quick. 

• 7 months later...