• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My name is Nate...

85 Jimmy

This one is actually "for" the wife, so I don't have to worry about her killing me over it. Also, I intentionally left the .308 out on my bench today (that she walks by at least 4 times a day) to see if she notices it. If all goes as planned, in a few months when she asks where it came from I'll just tell her, "that old thing? I've had that for awhile..."

This one is actually "for" the wife, so I don't have to worry about her killing me over it. Also, I intentionally left the .308 out on my bench today (that she walks by at least 4 times a day) to see if she notices it. If all goes as planned, in a few months when she asks where it came from I'll just tell her, "that old thing? I've had that for awhile..."

Hey Jimmy  Good plan!  This is how it goes at my home... fiance see's me building one....then sez.."Honey

will ya please build me one too?" Yikes! Im supposed to say no?...yeah right! <laughs> Wash

Well, this will be rifle number 3 that I will have built this year. First was a 10/22 with a parts list that goes like this:

Tactical Innovations receiver

Tactical Solutions barrel

Kidd bolt

Kidd single stage 1.5lb trigger

Kidd charging handle

Bell & Carlson target/varmint stock in olive w/ black web (been waiting 7 weeks for this thing...)

Then the .308 from here

http://308ar.com/forum/index.php?topic=3904.0

and now this one, that I've been told needs to be done before hunting season...

After I build the 300 blk I think I'm going to lay off on building them and do some fine tuning, like glass bedding the 10/22 and getting into reloading.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got the 300 finished and put 20 rounds threw it. It functions perfect and ejects at about the 4:30 position using remington UMC 115 grain rounds, so I'm guessing it's over gassed. Is that something I should be worried about? I plan to suppress it one day and run subs threw it sometimes, but I want it to run without any adjustments for both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Also, I soaked my bolt in mobil one before test firing it. How many rounds should I put threw it running the mobil one? Another thing with the BCG. It's a daniel defense chrome BCG and when I try to cycle rounds by pulling the charging handle it doesn't extract, but when I fire the gun it does. Is this just something that has a break in period?

Another thing, when I checked my brass there is a dent in the edge of the case from hitting the deflector, I'm guessing that goes along with being over gassed, but is that something I should worry about? I plan to do some reloads, but I think it will come out after running it threw a die.

And I'll get some pictures and a parts list together later, I'm about to leave for work.

I got the 300 finished and put 20 rounds threw it. It functions perfect and ejects at about the 4:30 position using remington UMC 115 grain rounds, so I'm guessing it's over gassed. Is that something I should be worried about? I plan to suppress it one day and run subs threw it sometimes, but I want it to run without any adjustments for both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Mine ejects about the same , no big deal.

Also, I soaked my bolt in mobil one before test firing it. How many rounds should I put threw it running the mobil one? Another thing with the BCG. It's a daniel defense chrome BCG and when I try to cycle rounds by pulling the charging handle it doesn't extract, but when I fire the gun it does. Is this just something that has a break in period?

By not ejecting , do you mean it won't pull the live round from the chamber ? Or do you mean the round won't eject like an empty case ?

Run a new build wet for a couple of hundred rounds & then go to normal oiling if all is well .

Another thing, when I checked my brass there is a dent in the edge of the case from hitting the deflector, I'm guessing that goes along with being over gassed, but is that something I should worry about? I plan to do some reloads, but I think it will come out after running it threw a die.

Nothing to worry about .

And I'll get some pictures and a parts list together later, I'm about to leave for work.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct, it won't pull a live round out the chamber when I try to clear it.

Will it pull a fired case out of the chamber, when firing?  It's a 5.56 BCG, complete.  You might need an o-ring around the extractor spring, firing the 300BLK ammo.  Pull the bolt apart and see if it's got the o-ring around that spring.  If it's not there, and you add it, it will give more grab and power to the extractor. 

It will extract and eject while I'm firing it. I've put 22 rounds threw it and while shooting it it functions properly.

Maybe it was just a new bcg issue, (although 22 rounds shouldn't have broken it in). I just grabed the gun and cycled 20 rounds threw it with no problem.

• 2 months later...