• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Interesting open letter from Ronnie Barret...

Ronnie Barrett is truly a real fucking patriot.  Those that don't realize that should look into him more deeply.  He has always had the defense of this nation as his foremost goal, and he has always made steps in that direction.

The defense of freedom of the United States of America has always been his goal.

Ronnie Barrett is truly a real fucking patriot.  Those that don't realize that should look into him more deeply.  He has always had the defense of this nation as his foremost goal, and he has always made steps in that direction.

The defense of freedom of the United States of America has always been his goal.

EXACTLY !  <thumbsup>  Wash

I think I recall that STI made the same decision a couple of years ago, when CA passed legistlation that would have required them to meet ridicules requirements. Unless I'm remembering it incorrectly, I think they they posted an open letter apologizing to their customers, and saying that although it would cost them financially, they felt that the people of the state needed to decide whether they wanted to allow their elected officials to decide whether or not they had the right to pick the guns they want to buy. I believe that the value of the STI competition pistols  immediately went though the roof. Maybe one of our CA residents can verify this, or correct me if I'm mistaken? This whole thing has me wondering, what would happen if, by some chance, the Gov out there were able to outlaw guns, as it seems many would like. Would gun owners leave, go underground and become criminals? Would the crime rate soar if the citizens were unarmed? If so, would it have any positive effect on non gun owning voters in other states? Sorry if I'm getting off track, just free associateing I guess.

After the "Saturday Night Special" law came through, The California DOJ came up with their safe weapon guarantee. Now all handguns must pass their test before they are allowed to be sold in California. Each variation/model of a handgun must pass. So if a company makes a blued version of a pistol, and the exact same model in stainless, then both types must pass the safety test.

The TEST:

Along with an application fee of $500, a company must submit THREE handguns of the desired make/model/caliber they wish to test. Those three handguns are then cocked and dropped at several different angles from a moderate height. If the hammer on the gun drops and engages the firing pin, the gun fails the test. Those that pass get to be on the California DOJ "Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale". There are a bit more details and such, but this is the gist of it.... It's all bullcrap no matter how you look at it.

The major issue with all this is, how many handguns does a company have to sell to make its money back? This is why companies like STI and Caspian are now extinct in Cali. Other high end manufacturers only submit 1 of X models they release each year. There are a lot of handguns that are near unobtainable in Cali.

I know some don't agree with this, but LEO are allowed to purchase handguns NOT on the "list". In fact, I am a gross violator of this fact. My current duty .45 is not on the "list".

yes rene, but the kimber was the grand daddy! when i found out that there were some mass compliant sigs, that one was my top pic, but alas it was a no go. still not sure why some are and some aren't good, one would think they all would be, but we share the same rules that Rob does, and each individual gun needs testing. maybe they haven't applied yet with it. I know that all kimbers are no go.  >:(