• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hurricane Sandy

imschur

Here in CT we have over 150,000 without power. Just now the news said within the next 2 hours the worse will roll in and stay until about noon tomorrow.

One street over a tree fell on a car and took down the power lines

The wind sounds like a low flying jet.

Drew  ya'll stay safe!    Wash

Well my good friends, some good has come of this mess. Yesterday I had contacted Dave Branson ( yes, the one who does the Mega group buy) to see if he was in the area, as I am stuck in the Greensboro NC area while the airports in the northeast are all closed, to see if he was interested in shooting.

Well, fifteen minutes later there was a call on my phone, and not only did he want to shoot, he took a day off to do it and offered to pick me up and drop me back at my mother in-laws, brought the ammo ( I had brought my LaRue with me to AZ), and provided the spot to shoot.

Dave is super nice, as I had found out long ago talking to him on the phone when I ordered my mega matched billet ar15 receiver set, and to put a friendly smiling face to the name was awesome. We had a blast! Can't thank him enough! Anyone here should feel comfortable ordering from him, he's an awesome guy, who happens to have a gun shop, and it's like talking to your buddy you've known forever.

Dave, thanks man! What a hoot!

We are fine here and at my old ladies. Pretty incredible that we have power when so many around us do not. Of course last time this happened they turned us off for 5 days to perform repairs so you just never know.

I had a lot of debris in my parking lot. I think the way the buildings align everything swirls and lands here.

Travel was a bear today. Monster pine trees down everywhere as well as big elms. Many roads are not passable. It took an hour to go what would normally take 10 minutes.

Reports of houses being washed out and floating in Long Island Sound. Cant get anywhere near the locations.

Savages decided to go window shopping last night. Many cars with smashed windows, empty glove compartments and missing radios. I guess they were feeling a little entitled last night.

Drew, yes, unashamed I must confess, but they won't be for me. Christmas gifts for my wife. Finally getting going on a lefty 16" ar15 build for her with a stag upper and an ambi Mega lower .... shhh.

Have a scheduled flight home tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, we'll see how that goes.

Matt, contact info sent in pm, if I'm still here we can meet up.