• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ohio Gun Week

survivalshop

Just a couple of weeks before my hunt week in Ohio's deer gun season .I can't wait, the only vacation I usually take every year.

I'll be hunting Guernsey CO. area.

ARE you ready , Hell, after the first three days of rain , last year , I'm ready for anything .

Good luck survivalshop our rifle season opened today didn't have much luck though. Only going to be able to go on both Sat. this year wish I could schedule a full week to go just not in the cards right now.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL I have more deer crap in my yard than grass they have trails all over my property aqnd the wife can not grow a flower to save her life.... we will start paint ballin the worst offenders and all our neighbors know a deer with orange paint on it gets it first... :)

One of my boys at work got a deer over the weekend with a 300wsm at 25 yards , he hit it in the neck and said it blead out in about 30 yards. We have been messin' with him calling him "Spike", "Broken Antler" and "Open Season Hunter" because the deer was a 2 X 1. Saw the pics, he said it weighed 85 lbs after it was gutted.

• 2 weeks later...

The Hornady SST slug did its magic & stoned this 10 pointer opening day at 1600 hrs.. I didn't shoot again all week , filled my buck tag & all I saw were bucks all week long & some better than this one .

Go figure.

A interesting thing happened to my 870 & I will post what happened in the General section when I get a chance.

post-154-136297286417_thumb.jpg

Very nice  <thumbsup> glad someone will be eating venison this year. How many deer hanging in the trees in the background looks like I can make out 2.

Yep , a doe & button buck . there were two more does shot last day ,but pretty dismal compared to years that the weather was perfect like this year.

We have no hunting pressure like we used to . I saw deer every day ,but the ones that weren't bucks were yearlings .

I can't complain , I get one every year . <thumbsup>

I can't complain , I get one every year . <thumbsup>

Use to be that way for me until the owner of the property I hunted sold it been out of action for a couple of years and a buddy at church said I could start going him. But the drought were having here is playing havoc on the hunting or maybe its just because its a new place for me and I haven't figured it out yet. Actually both are probably playing a part in it but I'll get it figured out <thumbsup>

Nice hunt survivalshop  <thumbsup>