• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Which/best Flip up sights???? HELP

Well I received a reply from Armalite.  They are having me ship her back for inspection. <thumbsup>  I did find out she was born on 5/2010.  She was new "old" stock.

Mr. R-  Not sure if it was the dealer or not.  I am just glad Armalit is taking care of it.    I ended up getting the Troy H&K style front sight.

Thanks guys.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Still waiting for my Upper to come back from Armalite. Its only been a month. They said that what appeared to be rust is a lube or coating of some sort.  Mario at Armalite is the only person who replies to Phone calls and Emails.  LE rep. hasn't responded to several emails.

• 2 weeks later...

SPB,  Sorry for the late reply.  Yes I will take pics ASAP. and Part numbers.  I am still Pissed at Armalite.  They have not returned our calls.  We want to order 4 rifles and Magazines.  We told them in Emails and calls.  Guess I will have to ask for a Supervisor or Boss at Armalite.  We emailed them in early December for the mags., told them they were for LE- NO REPLY!  This was December 17th.  before all of the Newtown backlash and OBAMA nonsense.

This was December 17th.  before all of the Newtown backlash and OBAMA nonsense.

Incorrect statement.  December 17th was THE day that the poop hit the fan in the firearms community.  THE day.  Everyone in the industry had a bad day that day, and it hasn't slowed down by even one mile per hour, since.

By December 18th, almost every single AR mag in the country was sold, parts all over were out of stock, complete rifles were hard to find, ammo was gone, reloading components were in very, very short supply - the day after you are quoting.

The morning of December 14th was when the heinous act went down at Sandy Hook.  Friday.  Saturday and Sunday, firearms enthusiasts all over this country were already ahead of you, and your department.  Buying.  The morning of December 17th, Monday morning, first Obummer is on national tv giving his "ban" speech, quickly followed by Fukstein saying she's already got the "new ban" written, and had been working on it HARD for the last year. 

You've been trying to get ahold of them since December 17th.  You were behind the power curve, and I don't mean that in a bad way, or as an insult.  Everyone in the country that was on the fence about an Armalite, was trying to get ahold of them on December 17th.

You need to understand that timeline.  It was not before the Sandy Hook backlash, and it was not before the Obummer announcement.  Very, very smart people in this country were burning up the online sales, starting Friday, and going into Saturday and Sunday.  People that are employed at these firearms companies came to work Monday morning, looked at all that had sold over the weekend, and simply said to themselves, "Holy SHIIIIT!!!," just knowing the shipping situation they were now in.

That's what happened.

I'm telling you, part of me still thinks they know they can't do squat about guns/ownership...

and this is just a way to boost the economy for as long as possible, so they can point to the numbers and pat their own back.

But the other part of me thinks they're in need of hanging.

I know I've been thinking the same thing myself... but every time I think they could come up with a scheme like this, to move this much inventory, they prove to me they couldn't have come up with it...mabey stumbled on it by accident.

BTW, I contacted Armalite last week and was astounded I got an answer in less than 48hrs.

Received a Call from Armalite today.  The Rep. was very nice and apologized for the delay and the actions of the other Rep.  He stated they are very, very busy (which I knew and expected, but at least Rep. originally called could have answered his phone and emails- thats water over the dam now).  We had a good conversation.  They are backed up for 9-12 months.  They try to get LE guns out sooner, but still 6-7 months.  Prices are still very good.  Appears as though they are about  $5-10 more than last year.  I am very happy with Armalite now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were pretty pissed.  2 months and no reply to numerous emails and voice mails. We went so far as to call RR and S&W for prices on their AR10 equivalents.  Each stated they had a 6-9 month wait or more on .223's and even longer on .308's.

I happened to make a mistake in the extension numbers at Armalite yesterday.  Sounded like I had someone important voice mail.  Left a Message and our problems-  BAM!!!!  received a phone call today!!!!! Great experience.