• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are you getting or hoping for on Xmas?

imschur

Are you getting yourself something nice or asking Santa for anything?

My old lady has me give her a list of everything I desire and she picks out a few items

I have "suggested"  the following but not limited too  :D

Nikon SB-910 AF Speedlight , Voigtlander 28mm f/2.8 Color Skopar SL II Lens, NiteRider MiNewt Pro 750 Rechargable Headlight, Various KIDD 10/22 parts, Boyds Stock for a CZ 452, Timney for the CZ 452, Tac sol -Vantage 10-22 Stock, Trijicon RMR and an Ocicat Kitten

I'm hoping to get a pack in the mail from BATFE. But I know it's waaaaayyyyyyy too soon. Hey...a brother can hope can't he?

Hmmm...let's see (tapping my head seriously). I think that I might get myself a desert eagle for xmas. I'm not really a pistol guy (you use them when the rifle goes click), but I've always thought they were cool looking. That, and then I'll have something as big as my son's HK mark 23 (really nice pistol). Little bastard (he's 6'3'')...always has to one up me.  <laughs>

Ron

My buddy is divorced and sees it completely opposite. $2,200 in child support and $700 in alimony buys HER a Christmas present every month!

He went from a half mil home and a range rover, to his parents house and an old Ford F150. Never ever EVER get divorced in California!

Yeah that's all too common, unfortunately.  My ex and I are the exception to the rule.  We're great friends and we worked out the divorce all on our own without paying a cent to any lawyers.  We made about the same salary when we decided we were done so there's no alimony or child support, etc.  We split the cost of kid expenses as well as custody.  They're with me for a week then with her for a week.

I consider myself pretty damned lucky!

I'm pretty much in the same camp as you Flat. My ex and I get along fairly well. I mean, I gave her the house...but our kids stayed with her, and they could come with me anytime they or I wanted them to. No alimony....just some child support, which I actually always gave more than what was required. After all, they were still my kids. Both of them are adults now, and they both came thru it pretty good.

So like you, I count myself as luck also. I feel bad for some of the guys that you hear the horror strories from. F-ing lawyers.

• 2 weeks later...

My buddy is divorced and sees it completely opposite. $2,200 in child support and $700 in alimony buys HER a Christmas present every month!

He went from a half mil home and a range rover, to his parents house and an old Ford F150. Never ever EVER get divorced in California!

[

Has he ever heard this?

I know his situation is not funny but this still is.

I almost forgot, hoping for a gunsafe myself.