• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

She's so pretty...

Tell me you guys have seen the Turnbull TAR-10!?!?!

If this was brought up already, I must've missed it...

Gun Broker has Serial #1 for sale for $12,025! She is so beautiful, I'm getting all misty over it :'(

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322196026

GA2.jpg

1TAR10.jpg

tar105.jpg

TARLeftReceiverCU.jpg

tar1rightsidedetail5.jpg

tar1topview.jpg

TAR-10wScopeinCase.jpg

TAR01LS.jpg

TAR01RS.jpg

Serial # TAR-000001

Doug Turnbull TAR-10 .308 Semi-Automatic

As one of America's premier builders of high quality collectible rifles' date=' the folks at Turnbull Manufacturing have undertaken the production of a state-of-the-art carbon steel .308 semi-automatic rifle-and they have pulled out all the stops in preparing Serial # TAR-000001 of the new model as a 2013 SHOT Show rifle.

Doug Turnbull, who built his reputation and his impressive company with his stunning refurbishing of classic Winchesters, LC Smiths and other great guns, has outdone himself with this AR.

These new high-quality Turnbull semi-automatic rifles in .308 were developed for the person that wants a one of a kind AR and this Serial # TAR-000001 is one-of-a-kind indeed.

The Turnbull TAR-10 was modeled after the DPMS LR 308

The upper and lower receivers are made from 8620 carbon steel that has been color case hardened with the Turnbull bone charcoal process. The upper receiver has a built-in high rise Picatinny rail, eliminating the need for scope risers.

• The 16" 4150 chrome moly-vanadium barrel is equipped with a screw-on muzzle brake.
  • The gun is engraved by Adams and Adams featuring more than 50 inches of fine gold inlay.
  • The stock, fore-end, and pistol grip are hand select walnut by Lucent Solutions.
  • Most of the internal parts were supplied by DPMS. Rifle has a Geiselle 2-stage trigger.

"When I first saw this gun, it just about buckled my knees," commented Jim Bequette, Editor of Guns and Ammo and firearms publishing veteran. "It was the most beautiful AR I had ever seen. The color case-hardened receiver is extraordinary."

Bequette wrote an editorial praising this TAR-10. An original copy of the Guns & Ammo issue containing that editorial signed by Mr. Bequette-will also go to the high bidder for this Serial No. TAR-000001.

The rifle comes equipped with appropriately high-end optics, a Zeiss 1.5-6x42 T #60 Victory HT supplied by Carl Zeiss sports optics.

The scope is mounted using A.R.M.S. Quick release rings.

As gorgeous as it is, the TAR-10 is a very serious rifle and comes with 10-round and  four-round magazines.agazines.

I believe it was proposed in another thread that Tom purchase this.  <laughs>

...and it wasn't funny, either...  :o

I've been looking at this, for quite awhile.  As soon as the new AWB kicks in, and I can't build any more ARs, I'll be looking for things to do.  That'll be the point that I do something like this.  And finally get the .338 LM going.  <dontknow>

I would have to fill the engraving paint the damn thing. Looking like that it wont even scare California Democrat

Oh, make no mistake - Feinstein is scared to death of that, "no matter how pretty."  Her makeup should tell you that much...  <dontknow>

I'd still throw something at that, just to try to knock a hip outta socket.  Give her a limp, or something, maybe something that would last for life.  I'd break that, just for you guys.  <thumbsup>

She'd be saying my name forever...  "Oh, Jon, JON, JON!!!..."  ;D <thumbsup>