• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Marine Writes Letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein: ‘I will not be disarmed’

imschur

From guns.com

Video here

A letter written by an 8-year Marine veteran to U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, the architect of the comprehensive 2013 Assault Weapons Ban, has gone viral.

The author of the letter, Cpl. Joshua Boston who was deployed to Afghanistan between 2004-05, told CNN that he opposes gun registration because it will lead to confiscation.  Moreover, that passing more gun control laws will only serve to disarm law-abiding citizens, leaving them defenseless.

“I own the guns I own because I acknowledge mankind’s shortcomings instead of pretending like they don’t exist. There are evil men in this world and there just may be a time when I need to do the unthinkable to protect me or my family,” Boston said.

Here is the letter Boston wrote, courtesy of CNN’s iReport:

<blockquote>Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime.

You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Joshua Boston

Cpl, United States Marine Corps

2004-2012</blockquote> Very well said.  Particularly the point about “We deserve better than you.”  It’s not clear as to whether Sen. Feinstein has actually seen this letter.

Nevertheless, it stands to reason that the majority of the 5.1 million Post 9/11 veterans, many returning from combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, feel the way Cpl. Boston does.  In fact, it stands to reason that the majority of all veterans identify with Cpl. Boston’s letter.

We often hear politicians, on both sides of the aisle, say we need to “support the troops” – well, the question needs to be asked, how does stripping our veterans of their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms via an AWB fit within that popular meme?

Brave men and women put their lives on the line to protect and defend this country and its founding principles yet politicians are going to repay these heroes by gutting their Second Amendment rights?

Any logical person would admit that that’s not supporting the troops; that’s spurning the troops and the sacrifices they made for this country.

Though, given Sen. Feinstein’s past remarks about guns, it’s clear we’re not dealing with a logical individual (see video).

SEMPER FI my brother.

God damn......that makes me want to get up and run through a wall.

OOH-RAH!

That's what I love about you. But I would check to see what's on the other side first, don't want to bust in on Tom and Fienstien, that image will permanently burn a white spot into your vision!

But I would check to see what's on the other side first, don't want to bust in on Tom and Fienstien,...

No chance - I'm gonna do that right out in public, so the local news can capture the look on her face.  <thumbsup> ;D