• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Government Ammo

BigP623

This may be a repost but it is all starting to add up a bit for me now...

In light of all this gun control debating and nonsense government agencies have been stockpiling hollow point ammo of various calibers/riot gear/bullet proof checkpoint stands...etc....

Oh yeah and paper targets because they claim its all for target practice. <laughs>

1. Either whoever ordering these is completely dumb and explains why out govt is so broke or....

2. (and im not one for conspiracy theories) they had this plan all along and was preparing for the next move....chess anyone

and the national eyewhitless news fails to catch on to any of this, o yeah its just the national propaganda machine...

I fear the days to come for me and my family...

I know this gets a lot of play, but it would amaze many folks how much ammo it takes to qualify quarterly, conduct make up shoots, SRT/SWAT/SORT Training, two or three extra range days a year.  It is purchased in bulk and I ain't talking about a pallet or two, I mean bulk and we burn through it pretty quickly.  The purchases and contract prices are set based on pretty massive order typically HQ controlled.   

The variety of calibers is easy to explain.  A wide variety of calibers are fielded as well as varying weights.  Take a look at the varying loads. .40 (165gr and 180gr)  9mm (124gr and 147gr)  .45ACP (230gr) 10mm (180gr and 190gr) 5.56 (55gr, 60 gr, 62gr) .308 (168gr, 165gr, and 175 gr) and last but not least, the old .22 long rifle.

This maybe unrelated, but it is something people should consider.  And FWIW all Govt Agencies are way too unorganized to be a viable part of any conspiracy. 

In answer to the question about HP ammo, I have a close relative, now retired,  who was working in what's now a member of the DHS when all the seperate agencies were incorporated into the DHS. His issue ammo AND his qualification ammo were both premium quality hollowpoints. That's simply what they're carrying and being issued.

Ever buy bulk good stuff? (look where I'm asking this  <laughs> )

Once you get up into thousands of loaded rounds being ordered of premium ammo, the cost difference between FMJ and JHP is negligible...even less so when the taxpayer is picking it up.

And why worry?  Just more free ammo when the SHTF.

Jon

If you think that ammo was stored a long time, you should see the dates on some of the demolitions we used in the Marines. In 2007 I blew up a cratering charge made in 1954 by DuPont and we regularly got other types from the late 60s and 70 when we had our yearly demo refresher

FWIW, we practice like we play. Same stuff we carry is what we train and qualify with.

Personally, I carry .45ACP Winchester 230gr Ranger T Series... The modern "Black Talon".

Nothing's more reassuring than knowing your maximum expansion is 1.01" <thumbsup>

There's an old saying there's no replacement for displacement  <thumbsup>

180gr Ranger T's .... Thats the good stuff ! :D

I'm not kidding when I say I have maybe 2k rounds of this stuff from when I carried a Sig P226. I don't even own a .40cal anymore. I'm trying to buy the wife a 4th gen G23, so she can shoot the good stuff.

I also have some heavy subsonic 9mm from when we used to play with MP5's. When the wife gets the .40 I'll sell her g19 and finally be rid of 9mm for good.

I know this gets a lot of play, but it would amaze many folks how much ammo it takes to qualify quarterly, conduct make up shoots, SRT/SWAT/SORT Training, two or three extra range days a year.  It is purchased in bulk and I ain't talking about a pallet or two, I mean bulk and we burn through it pretty quickly.  The purchases and contract prices are set based on pretty massive order typically HQ controlled.

I agree. But something has the public spooked, and has everyone buying AR-15s and such. I'm 55, and I've never seen it like this. Maybe it's the NDAA that was passed, or the obvious disregard Wash DC has for the Constitution? I don't know.