• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Dont believe they cant pass an AWB.

imschur

It seems the gun industry has learned a bit from this past election.

So many media sources citing Romney would beat BO. We know how that turned out. Now the gun industry is saying the media and the white house are playing the same game with gun owners. "It's an uphill battle" blah blah blah.

The feeling is they want gun owners to get lazy and complacent.

DONT LET UP.

100% agree and you must read the entire frankenstien gun bill to fully undrerstand how such a poorly written bill could even exist. I read it it reads like it was written by a 5 year old and it was written by people with no gun history or understanding, it is so poorly written i can not believe she is being taken seriously!

I don't think the Democrats have any intention of getting this bill passed.  Like all other recent topics of legislation, they put out what they would like to see happen eventually (a dream bill) and then sit back and wait for the Republicans to fall all over themselves to compromise our rights away.  The Republican "leaders" in congress have no stomach for standing on principle if it going to make them look bad in the press.

I agree that the current bill would not pass as written - definitely not in the House and likely not in the Senate.  That is why the Republicans should try to put it to an up or down vote without modification.  It will force the Democrats to show where they truly stand.  That is something that they hate worse than law-abiding gun owners.

My last message wasn't clear.  <dontknow>  I guess I should have had a beer before I posted. :ecs:

What I meant to say was that I believe the Dems plan to pass a gun control bill.  I just don't think it will be this one.  If it could get though the House, they would certainly jump for joy.  However, the past has shown that they propose a massive legislation and demagogue it until the Repubs think they have no choice but to compromise.  Soon after, the Dems will say that is a good start but that more needs to be done.  The last example was tax increases on "the rich" at the time of the fiscal cliff.

I guess I'm expressing my lack of confidence that the Republican leadership will completely protect our rights.  The recent past shows that they will only slow down the loss a little bit.

Now I need more beer.

Don't believe all you want.

http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-march-gun-control-washington-164306917.html

It is going to get shoved down our throats.

Lock-N-Load!!

Jon

Here is a BS  comment from yahoo user in correspondence to the acticle above^^^.

Dickhead's comment, username Postage Due:

Time to raid the NRA, jail their leaders, report all gun nuts to homeland security and ATF, soon we will have or gun ban and we can deal with these right wing gun nuts.

Someone's reply:

If you really want to scrutinize who is personally responsible, read THE FACTS below:

Why is it that those who steal guns, and kill movie goers and

children in school are always Democrats, and not conservatives or NRA members?

1. Ft Hood shooter - Registered Democrat – Muslim

2. Columbine shooters - Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and

progressive liberals

3. Virginia Tech shooter - Registered Democrat - Wrote hate mail to President Bush and

to his staff.

4. Colorado Theater shooter - Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign;

5. Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal

6. Connecticut School Shooter - Registered Democrat; hated Christians

7. Congresswoman Gabby Giffords’ shooter – leftist, registered democrat

Common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive-types.

Why is it that the media always tells us that conservative NRA-type gun-owners are the real danger?

Go back and examine 99% of the decisions rendered by judges that let the mentally ill back on the streets. They are almost 90% liberal judges, unlike a Ted Poe or equivalent. Obama and his cronies will take one step at a time to erode our Second Amendment Rights.

Wake-up liberals

Here is a BS  comment from yahoo user in correspondence to the acticle above^^^.

Dickhead's comment, username Postage Due:

Time to raid the NRA, jail their leaders, report all gun nuts to homeland security and ATF, soon we will have or gun ban and we can deal with these right wing gun nuts.

That comment is hilarious!!!!  <laughs>  How you gonna conduct a raid, without fireamrs, fuckhead?!...  <lmao>

The Lib-Tards talk alot of poop, but they don't know what the fcuk they're really talking about.  It comes down to arguing a "theory," without having any practical experience to back that poop up.

That comment is hilarious!!!!  <laughs>  How you gonna conduct a raid, without fireamrs, fuckhead?!...  <lmao>

The Lib-Tards talk alot of poop, but they don't know what the fcuk they're really talking about.  It comes down to arguing a "theory," without having any practical experience to back that poop up.

Yes sir. <thumbsup>

Misinformation is  their main tool. That is because most people won't investigate anything the liberal media reports. I call them the knitting society, bobbing heads in agreement because the TV told them so.

One "theory" is they do not have a desire to pass a AWB... well they do if they could... but they do not want a repeat of the 94 AWB. In that it cost them the Hill in the midterms, and then it cost them the WH. They will posture all they can, then they will claim the obstructionist Republicans care more about the NRA that children and pick up the seats they need in the midterms to pass what they want in other areas.

I think people generally understand the loonacy of a AWB. Meaning "assault rifles" are used in a 1% of crimes. Now banning semi-auto weapons of all kind might make some happy, most understand the evil black rifle isn't the problem, and banning them isn't going to solve anything.... mental health restrictions, mag capacities, and universal back ground check have a good chance of passing I think.

The way the AWB is written now... please. No other law has ever called for property to be turned over to the government upon death... and registering all semi-auto weapons (nearly) as Class 3 is completely ridiculous. That's the part that won't pass. We'll see.