• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How goes it....

USMCbassman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of grilled egg plant, but battered (sliced 1/4") & fried then sprinkle a little sugar on them as soon as they're done :drool:  :drool:

Breaded egg plant sandwiches done right are like meat sammy.Egg plant takes some prepping to come out right.

Club the furry little FDE bastards. Or snare them. 

If you sneak up on them, on a hill, they'll face downhill and freeze - WHACK!   :bat: <thumbsup>

Little bunny foo-foo got a nice club to the back of the head.  You hit 'em just right and they crumple like a sack of feed.  If not you grab the body and head then twist in opposite directions.  The really seems to finish the job up. 

I'll eat damn near anything or try it at least once.  I haven't eaten much that I don't like.  I tried grilled eggplant the other night and that poop was gross!  If I was hungrier than a hostage and that's all I had I'd eat, but I won't it eat it by choice anymore. 

Sorry guys it took me so long to respond, been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. 

Are y'all talking about Eastern Cotton Tailed Rabbits or Jack rabbits/Hares?  Anyone that can sneak up and club a Cotton Tail deserves a :hail:  <thumbsup>  Oh,sorry for the :threadjack:  

We have cottontails and jack rabbits here.

Cottontails are way easier to sneak up onto IMO.  Here they like pulling that "If I don't move they can't see me" crap.

Our jack rabbits are big.  Real big.  Braggin' boards have lots of photos of young kids holding jacks almost as long as they are.

Jon

Same in New Mexico. I tell people that the cottontails in Kansas were almost as big as the jackrabbits here. We ate a lot of cottontails when I was growing up in Kansas, pheasant too!  I don't eat jackrabbits, and these little cottontails we have here always seem to have worms!

Same in New Mexico. I tell people that the cottontails in Kansas were almost as big as the jackrabbits here. We ate a lot of cottontails when I was growing up in Kansas, pheasant too!  I don't eat jackrabbits, and these little cottontails we have here always seem to have worms!

Where about in Kansas?  I grew up there (Chanute) and we do have some big damn cottontails.  Our rule of thumb was rabbit was no good until after the first freeze.  That first freeze seemed to kill about 99.9% of the diseased ones off.  I went back in Dec to do a deer and turkey hunt.  The only thing I miss about KS (hunting and fishing) besides my mom and brother. 

I've never heard of grilled egg plant, but battered (sliced 1/4") & fried then sprinkle a little sugar on them as soon as they're done :drool: :drool:

Hell, you could deep fry the rusted bumper off a old Buick. As long as you have Ranch dressing to dip it in, it'll taste good.

Where about in Kansas?  I grew up there (Chanute) and we do have some big damn cottontails.  Our rule of thumb was rabbit was no good until after the first freeze.  That first freeze seemed to kill about 99.9% of the diseased ones off.  I went back in Dec to do a deer and turkey hunt.  The only thing I miss about KS (hunting and fishing) besides my mom and brother. 

I was born and raised in El Dorado and lived in Parsons before I moved to New Mexico. All my brothers and sisters are in Hutch now. Like you, I always waited until the first freeze to hunt rabbit. What I really miss about Kansas (I know, it's weird) is the spring rainstorms! I was never worried about tornadoes.

i smacked two cotten tails in my yard last summer with a shovel, pulling that you cant see me bullpoopy.

Dang assault shovels! 

Took the dog for a walk in the river bed this morning, on her extension leash.  Between rabbits and birds, it was like having a june bug with a string tied to its leg.

Jon

I was a Falconer for many years and the best way to catch rabbits either cotton tail or Jacks is with a Goshawk or A Harris hawk you can catch them all day and they do the work.... we used to catch over 150 a year we would feed most of the rabbit to the birds but we kept the backstraps and at the end of the year had a big party and had lbs of rabbit back straps ... good stuff......sageandbunniesjpeg_zps7337a49f.jpg

Edited by Magwa

Poor LEOs everywhere feel outgunned because their departments aren't issuing birds of prey.... and the TV ads featuring prominent politicians....

"Ya know, I have two parakeets myself and I just can't understand why anyone would want or need a bird of prey. How can bunny owners all over the nation be at ease with these predators prowling the skies at will?"