• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How Much Is Enough?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Back on topic. To quote my dad a 2 tour Vietnam Vet "when you are up to your ass in alligators.... It's way to late to drain the swamp" as a OIF/OEF 4 tour vet myself you can never have enough ammo. One oft friends was in the Moge in 93 he said "there were more Somalis than we had ammo!" A gunfight is too late to figure that out!

Edited by Togreenfeet

Oh no, I didn't go to Somalia my friends did. I didn't mean to misrepresent myself. But I do have some good intel for you Mohammad Farah Aidids son the Somali warlord everyone was after........served as A US Marine........... It's true........just saying

Edited by Togreenfeet

• 7 months later...

Indeed...

Planning for the impending unknown is a concern and a source of frustrating madness on both a short and long term basis.  It may seem odd but I think the majority of cops probably DON'T have the stockpiles that many civilians do.  Most of the ones I knew and still know now are more concerned with keeping enough on hand to get them through the next day and worrying about if or when a SHTF situation arises tends to be an after thought.

20 years ago when I was in the mix, these kinds of (long term) needs were never even considered by most of us anyway.

I think " how much" really depends on your  location, and shtf planning.

Someone living in the middle of downtown Los Angles is going to need diffrent  than someone living in Durango ,Colorado.

Weapons, vehicles, gas, emergency supplies, all depend on where you need to get to, and from. Or if moving( runnig) is even an opition.

Respectfully

Terry

There was a similar case on a domestic call: regular service calls at address for dom. abuse, responders waited for a third LEO to show up. When the 3rd showed up the male subject came out onto front porch with a knife, screaming. He was literally screaming bloody murder, told them his intentions to kill them and charged. Nearest officer was unloading his 9 into the guy's chest as he charged, watching the bullets go into the guy's chest one after another as he continued the charge and maintained death grip on the knife. Said officer was literally stepping backwards as the subject was jumping up on top of him, and put his last round through the guy's jaw, and it went out the back of skull.

"Aim small, miss small" isn't just a cute Hollywood movie line: train for head shots and you'll start to make head shots on a regular basis.