• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How Much Is Enough?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily carry for me now is 44 rounds of .45ACP.   13rds in the pistol mag, one in the pipe, and two spare 15rd mags.  To some, that's excessive - but it's enough to get me to a rifle...

Scorp didn't miss a beat last time out.100 0FTE 0 FTF.A couple hundo more then it's my everyday.Then it's 3 mags for the kid.

Daily carry for me now is 44 rounds of .45ACP.   13rds in the pistol mag, one in the pipe, and two spare 15rd mags.  To some, that's excessive - but it's enough to get me to a rifle...

nah, thats not excessive at all. If you were carrying 6 spare 15rd mags, taht would probably seem excessive

I want to be clear that my saying 6 magazines is excessive has nothing to do with how many bullets each holds, just actually managing 6 mags on you without wearing a molle style plate carrier or something along those lines is a bit much.

My no safety M&P45 carries 10+1. It's a great gun (no glock though) and is a big big improvement over my old Sig P229 DAK. The Smith is actually lighter and it was nice going from a 40 to a 45 and also have less recoil and a lighter improved trigger pull.

Right now, off duty, I carry a M&P9 mm compact with tritium sights and light trigger. I'm also very happy with this gun but can see switching to a glock compact down the road. Unless Kimber changes my mind but it will be a bit heavier which might kill it for me...not buying, just carrying.

Edited by jrtmasp

I want to be clear that my saying 6 magazines is excessive has nothing to do with how many bullets each holds, just actually managing 6 mags on you without wearing a molle style plate carrier or something along those lines is a bit much.

Piece of cake, with the 8-inline, from Tuff Products.  I've got two of these:

8%20mag%20no%20flap%20display.jpg

Dammit! With JRTMASP, pushing something special on me, (details later), this is exactly wheat I need…..Tom-ass strikes again!

That's nothing. Tom hasn't even mentioned the bandoliers yet, or the spares he keeps in the ol' banana hammock...     :ugone2far:

Dammit! With JRTMASP, pushing something special on me, (details later), this is exactly wheat I need…..Tom-ass strikes again!

Sweet!  Chalk up another one!...  bth_reeling-smiley.gif   <laughs>

You'll love 'em, brother, really.  <thumbsup>

That's nothing. Tom hasn't even mentioned the bandoliers yet, or the spares he keeps in the ol' banana hammock...     :ugone2far:

Maaaaaan, don't even get me rollin' on the Banana Hammock, with what Rob has done...  I'm just sayin'... 

How do you know what's in his banana hammock?

Maaaaaan, don't even get me rollin' on the Banana Hammock, with what Rob has done...  I'm just sayin'...

And how do you know what Rob has done?

I'm just saying! Does 308AR stand for Arse Ramming =)

1)  How do you know what's in his banana hammock?

2)  And how do you know what Rob has done?

3)  I'm just saying! Does 308AR stand for Arse Ramming =)

I'l take your newbie schit one step at a time.  You've build some bad rifles, but you're fcuking new.  So  :stfu2:

Your other choice is: run your mouth, and I'll fcuking chase you down all over this board and slam you, as long as you feel like takin' that ass beatin'.  Figure it out.  Come back when you think you got it.  I haven't lost one of these yet. just so you know.

1)  He knows, from a personal Meet-N-Greet.  Those happen from time to time here, on this board, but usually only in the SouthWest.  Travel, or get left behind.  As you have, here.  I'll show you what's in the Banana Hammock, if you'll lick it, smack it, and rub it down.  Bet?

2) I've fcukin WITNESSED what he's done.  If you want more, then show the fcuk UP next time a Greet is called.  Until then, you can STFU.  Tequila is my witness.  Patron, to be exact. 

3)  NO.  It doesnt stand for "ASS RAMMING."  I don't know if that was your hope or not, but you missed your calling, here.  Matbe you'll have luck elsewhere.  Good luck, by the way. 

That's above your security clearance....  ^-^

WAY above.

Don't ask questions you don't want to hear the answers of.

Shchit, I might just spill the answers, anyway... <lmao>

Goofball, you're cool, and you build some badass rifles. If you want to just jump ahead of the rest of the class, and just start slamming people,...  I'm you're Huckleberry.  Start right here. 

Take a step back 98, and take a breather. Everyone on this board takes a jab at each other in good humor and no one takes offense and no offense was meant which is why I ended the whole thing with a smilely face. Any thread on here that leaves room for sexual humor always ends up that way, and I saw my opportunity and took it. 

I've always held this forum up to high standards and have boasted about the comradery that existed here that is virtually non-existent on any other forum. Buy hey, maybe you're just the first to show me that that was just a mirage. If that is the case, no thank you and goodbye.

Wanted to say thanks to everyone for their advice, time, compliments, and especially those that offered up parts during the hard times a few months ago.

Rob - wanted to say thank you for you advice on the barrel and I was waiting to announce it, but I did go ahead and place that order.

I guess in the end a handle like "Goofball" isn't enough to show that I'm a jokester.