• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Oh Mr. UPS man!!

Pappy1600

Look at what the brown truck brought today! I did not know this was coming so it was quite the surprise, was ordered in December I believe? Now comes the fun part, I am undecided as to caliber, I was considering 300blk, but falling back towards .223/5.56 since I have been looking for a 300BLK Wilson bbl for some time with negative results. Going to need help from you guys with what I need to get this built, am looking at doing a tac driver, maybe 18" bbl?  

Magpul PRS stock, unsure on handguard considering a LaRue? I would love some suggestions from you guys and any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Parts kits? suggestions? This will be my first build and I want to make it a special rifle that I can be proud to hand down to my sons. If this is in the wrong section please move it.

b0r0.jpg

htpu.jpg

This will be my first build and I want to make it a special rifle that I can be proud to hand down to my sons.

I didn't know you considered me to be your son? I figured I was too old for the role. I still accept the gracious gift, DAD. I won't turn down the CM901 if you want to hand that down too!!

Very nice block of metal you got there. I bought the same one a few years ago and I love it!

The cal. depends on what you have already ,plus a bunch of other factors. You can get another upper & have both or you can consider all the advantages of a .30 cal. in your AR 15.

I got over 2400 fps out of my 300BLK with Barnes 110 , with no pressure signs & sure I can get more out of this combo , but ya can't go wrong with 5.56/.223.

Choices , Choices ! ummmmm 

I'm here now, you did call the UPS man didn't you and you were not expecting that package <dontknow>  Well you better let me come and get it and I'll deal with those nasty unexpected deliveries ::) 

Looks nice pappy can't wait to see how it turns out <thumbsup>