• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New build

Hey everyone I actually stumbled across this forum and really glad I did...great stuff in here!

I wanted a .308 but couldn't find the configuration I wanted so I thought I'd build one myself, but I have to admit after buying the Black Rain upper and lower stripped receivers, I'm at a loss where to even begin...

I ultimately want to go with a two tone 16 or 18 inch rifle with a nice scope...but where do I start? I want to make it as accurate as possible so does that mean I look for other parts rather than Black Rain or should I stick strictly with them?

Any help I could get with getting this ship sailing would be much appreciated!

No shortage of enablers that's for sure.

Why do I feel like a shot was just fired across my bow? <laughs>

Welcome aboard heclerxkoch. Like Unforgiven suggested, it's not a bad idea to look around at various parts and try to work yourself up a budget (a loose guide-line that is). Then, with that, you can express some of your ideas around here, and the rest of us can work up different ways for you to start empty-ing out your bank account. Oh, and you don't have to stick with all BRO parts. Any DPMS/SR25 compatible parts will work with it.

Let the list begin my brother.  (Hint).....you gonna need to start with a decent lower parts kit to get the lower rollin. Then move on to triggers, bolt carrier's, gas block's, handguards......blah...blah....blah.

So maybe I start with a lower parts kit, which I can find DPMS and CMMG with a better trigger. Does the parts kit matter if the trigger is different? What it the best trigger I can get?

Then maybe get a barrel in order...I don't really want to go with a 20 inch barrel but I'm afraid a 16 may be too short...I may end up with a suppressor so I don't want the Harrell to be too long...would a 16 or 18 inch Harrell make that much of a difference? What is the most accurate Harrell I can get? Not real fond of stainless, would like to keep it black.

Does Fulton make the best match grade barrels?

I can't honestly say "yes", but I can say that for price vs. accuracy/quality, they are easily at the top of their game. Besides that, you won't have to wait as long as you would with a higher cost custom barrel. I have to say, their barrels perform for me every bit as well as I do. 

I decided to go with a knights armament quad rail...a quick question though. The guy at Knights said I needed a special tool to install that rail and none of the dealers had one, only them, but they aren't doing custom stuff right now. I need to get ahold of the guys at JP to find out if they can install it, but is there a workaround for this issue?

I decided to go with a knights armament quad rail...a quick question though. The guy at Knights said I needed a special tool to install that rail and none of the dealers had one, only them, but they aren't doing custom stuff right now. I need to get ahold of the guys at JP to find out if they can install it, but is there a workaround for this issue?

Head over to Boltcarrier (https://www.boltcarrier.com/product/knights-armament-urx-rail-installation/) and have them install it for you. They're a KAC dealer.

Edited by FaRKle!