• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Buyers be advised!

Look for a mom and pop shop with a good reputation. You might find the experience much better then you anticipate. For things like that, I usually go to small mom and pop operations as they tend to be quick, good quality and more willing to work with you to get it done as you intend.

Look for a mom and pop shop with a good reputation. You might find the experience much better then you anticipate. For things like that, I usually go to small mom and pop operations as they tend to be quick, good quality and more willing to work with you to get it done as you intend.

What I originally had in mind was much more involved than just a simple mom & pop, the need was for a company who could generate large scale quantities of a single unique profile. Going forward, that will still be the case but I'll get my prototype from a reputable company.

Matt Shame on them! ill never use them ever! My bet is you will get the check in about the same time as the barrel....like never.....those buttheads :) Wash

So you got the check...f surprised me...and prolly you too....look at all the wasted time....sheesh

Edited by washguy

Matt Shame on them! ill never use them ever! My bet is you will get the check in about the same time as the barrel....like never.....those buttheads :) Wash

So you got the check...f surprised me...and prolly you too....look at all the wasted time....sheesh

It certainly did, I had every intention of calling the DA down there and getting some pressure mounting today. I was relieved as all get out to get that check, I didn't have any expectation that they would keep their word on the refund any more than they did getting me my barrel.

Not what I'd expect from them, based on their reputation.  I know it can't be explained away as anything after Sandy Hook, based on it taking damn near two years.  That just doesn't wash. 

You, very commendably, have the patience of a saint, Matt.  You're one hell of a person.  <thumbsup>

I'da been camping out in some dude's refrigerator well before that, waiting for him to come down for a midnight snack...  <dontknow>

Not what I'd expect from them, based on their reputation.  I know it can't be explained away as anything after Sandy Hook, based on it taking damn near two years.  That just doesn't wash. 

You, very commendably, have the patience of a saint, Matt.  You're one hell of a person.  <thumbsup>

I'da been camping out in some dude's refrigerator well before that, waiting for him to come down for a midnight snack...  <dontknow>

Their reputation for their barrels was why I wanted to use them in the first place. I truly wish that I could've based my opinion of them on their product, but their customer service sucks to the point of impossibility on that front. What confounds me more than anything was that they couldn't even get an already profiled barrel that was in stock and on the shelf to me. You would think that as a business owner, the least you could do for a customer who has waited two years is to rush him an item you have in stock ready to ship.

Anyways, if you decide that a Frigidaire campout is still in order, I've got a refund check that will cover your fuel and time to Georgia...  >:D

After reading through this I hope the check clears!

Reminds me of my purchase with Troy last year. Oh yeah we are going to build that NEXT WEEK :))  We will let you know when it ships. WTF is wrong with business these days? Do they not remember there is the internet where we all say good and bad about them?

Well with the amount of business that is out there , they probably will suffer with a little loss , especially a custom job. Just the way it is . If it was dog eat dog business, like it used to be , it would  probably not have been a problem. 

None of what I have to say would excuse what they did to you. It seems as though they may have had an initial problem with your order and you somehow fell through the cracks, but for them to not prioritize your order after dropping the ball the first time is inexcusable. I think that the lesson here is that it takes many different skills and people to make a manufacturing company work. You can make the best product in the world, but if you can't keep orders straight, then you will have many disgruntled excustomers (such as yourself) doing negative pr work for you. There are so many factors beyond the ability to make a good product, that will determine whether a company stays in business for the long term. I'm very sorry to hear of your difficulties with them. I had a very different experience. One of our other members recommended one of their barrels and I was looking for a similar barrel at that time. I called them up, the barrel was a standrd item, not a special order, they had it in stock, it was very inexpensive, included the fitted bolt, and arrived within 5 days. The barrel has proven to be very accurate. It sounds as though they have good people in the shop, that know how to turn out a good barrel, but perhaps have some serious front office problems. Sorry that you had to be the victim of their poor customer service.

• 1 year later...

Matt, have you checked around to see if this company has taken your prototype idea and thought it was so good from the get go, that they are trying to make this for a production item today? This is a year old thread and has me wondering...........

I have been shiestered on a couple of patent ideas, almost precisely as you describe.