• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Roger, Roger, Roger!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, the rest of the story... 

The reason for the trip to Vegas was to attend the 2013 Monster Cup race in Sam Boyd Stadium.  If you like motocross or supercross, then this is a great race to see - it's a different format, with 3 mains instead of the traditional 2 mains.  Of course, with "Vegas Odds" incorporated into the race, it just makes it more interesting. If a racer wins all three Holeshots in the mains, he gets a brand new Toyota Tundra truck.  If a racer can win all three mains, it's a ONE MILLION DOLLAR bonus...  This is the 3rd year for the race format, and the first year, 2011, Ryan Vilopoto won all three mains and got the million.  This year, it was down to the last main (3rd main), last two turns, with three different racers up for first place - nobody won all three, so the million was out after the second main.  It was tight... 

Representin' some Battle Arms at the race!

post-7-0-66778100-1382981898_thumb.jpg

The view from the room, when we got there Friday night...

100_1090_zps175f30e2.jpg

100_1091_zpsab5a0952.jpg

Beginning of what would be a wicked full moon for the race on Saturday night...100_1096_zps739d3fd3.jpg

The race was awesome, details can be found all over the web, so I won't drag you guys through that.  Fast forward to leaving the city, now...

I haven't been up to Vegas since the highway construction was going on.  Last time I was up there, you still had to cross Hoover Dam.  On the way this time, we flew up the new highway, and you can't even see the dam from it.  So, on the way back, we hit the dam. 

You can still drive across it, from north to south, but the road is blocked on the AZ side.  I didn't know if you could still take the old road or not, and you can, in a way - you just can't keep going like the old days.  If you cross to the AZ side, you have to recross to get out and back on the highway. 

Here's the foot-bridge beside the new highway:

100_1111_zpseb044ff6.jpg

100_1112_zps74983c7c.jpg

Some Transformers schit, right here!  The intake towers...

100_1135_zps51898b5b.jpg

100_1140_zpsdec6a857.jpg

Back home now, with some goodies from Roger!

100_1401_zps1b973ac8.jpg

The new hats, which come in Khaki, Stone and Black.  I can't find the Black one, but Dawn liked that one.  Hmmm...

100_1403_zps23bf6f7f.jpg

The new business cards - George gave me one.  These are machined aluminum, and BADASS!!!  Pun intended!

100_1405_zps9f350b68.jpg

Mouse pads - incredibly slick!

100_1402_zpsd85391dd.jpg

Yeah, uh huh...  When pressured about it, she "found" the Black hat.  Said it was in the side pocket of my bag.  Yeah, right...

100_1406_zps0a6e5e1c.jpg

I'll tell the story of the shop visit, and the surprise visit, in a little while.  <thumbsup>

YOU HAVE BETTER PATCHES THAN ME!!!! :drool:

PS. How did a guy that looks like you, get away with taking so many pictures of the Hoover Dam??? Did NV go ORANGE for the weekend?

dhs-threat1.jpg

"They" probably said "Don't screw with that one!  He's one of those cinnamon blonde moose limbs we don't want to offend!  Go pull over that old white couple in the RV with Tennessee plates!"

PS. How did a guy that looks like you, get away with taking so many pictures of the Hoover Dam??? Did NV go ORANGE for the weekend?

dhs-threat1.jpg

Well, the NSA probably panicked for 30 seconds before locating his former security clearance and realizing that he's been one of the good guys for quite a while.

I think it's fair to say they probably thought he was filming a Geico commercial...

"Look at that Hank. So easy that a caveman really can do it."

For the record, 98 is my favorite Silverback Gorilla. The jokes are just my jealousy surfacing over the sight of his new BAD Inc swag.... which I will use ninja skills to steal off him in January!!!

Now, wait a minute - you'll be REALLY jealous when I tell the tale of the shop visit. 

Put your seatbelt on, pull up your Big Girl Panties, and hang on!  <lmao>

Met up with Roger at the business.  Everyone was there, and there was ALOT of packaging going on - I mean ALOT.  More pins sets that you can even imagine, in all phases of packaging.  Roger came out, introductions went around, and George came out, also.  Roger, George, myself and Dawn all went into the conference room and sat down for a chat.   They brought out a complete lower that had the ETP/EPP set in there, and I was playing with that for quite awhile, just checking out how the pins really did function. 

Now, a long time ago, when the BADASS came out, I picked up one of the very first ones, and posted about it on here.  At that time, I said something like, "I've never really thought about a safety lever as a "performance item" before, but I certainly do now..."  It was something along those words.

Same deal with the ETP/EPP sets.  It's true that extended pins help alot, but the thought that went into the ETP/EPP sets is pretty damn cool - everything they did on them is for a reason, and its a reason that works - from the knurling, the slot in the ETP, the dimples on the EPP, all of it.  Once the fondling of them stopped, it was easy to see... 

Also, a long time ago, Roger was going to send me a hat with an order, but he was out of hats at that particular time.  He asked if I wanted khaki, stone, or black, and that was a tough decision.  He brought out all three to look at, and I wanted them all...  <lmao>  The original patches were there, the new design patch was there...  I was in heaven.

We talked about all kinds of stuff for the better part of an hour, and George asked Roger if "the guys next door" were in today, and if they were busy...  Hmmm...  At that point, George called someone, and then texts started going back and forth.  They asked if we wanted to take a walk down the street, and I sure as hell was in for it - I had no idea where we were going, besides "to see the neighbor..."

We went a couple doors down, to Long Mountain Outfitters. 

http://www.longmountain.com/

Now, I had no idea what this business was, but when I walked in the door to the retail side of it, and there were TWO McCree Rem700 chassis' hanging on the wall, I KNEW I was going to like this.  Roger asked if Matt was in, and he was.  After a few minutes, they led us behind the counter, into the back of the shop.  On the wall in the retail section, was an M60 machinegun, and it was for sale.  Now, this wasn't just ANY M60...  This was THE M60 that Chuck Norris used in Missing In Action...  :ugone2far:

$50,000. 

Now, that was just the beginning.  I walked into the "classroom" where they teach various armorer's courses, and there are WWII weapons on the walls - both sides and back walls - from desk-height all the way to the ceiling.  Everything.  Like, every weapon from every country that has ever been made.  All of them.

Next was the vault that held "the classroom weapons."  Mk19s, M2s, M4s, 240s and 249s, pistols...  These were the ones used for Armorer Training.  This vault was bigger than the Bn Arms Room I had in the SF Unit.  No joke.  It was kinda remarkable, because every weapon that was racked and locked up - I've shot it.  <thumbsup>

Now, I didn't notice the drawer/racks they had when I first walked in.  Each drawer was specifically labeled.  "Handgun Suppressors," "Rifle Suppressors," "Pen Guns..."  No schit, a whole drawer full of Pen Guns...  I think I started to go into shock...

NEXT room was even better than the last - and bigger!  All kinds of stuff, rare, exotic, you name it.  The M134 GE minigun that Jesse Ventura wore in Predator.  No, not one like it - THE minigun.  AND, the ammo backpack!  Al Pacino's M16 with M203, from Scarface.  THE gun.  The 203 was fake, too - an aluminum tube hot-glued to the bottom of the handguard on the M16 - no kidding...  <lmao>

They had SO much stuff, you guys wouldn't believe it.  Really, you wouldn't believe it.

OH!!!  When it was time to leave that room, I noticed not 1, not 2, but THREE De Lisle carbines on the wall.  THREE.  Matt said, "Well, only ONE of them is a real De Lisle, the other two are reproductions.  The bottom one is real, and it's the only complete original De Lisle in the United States..."  He pulled it off the wall and handed it to me.  It got fondled!  Holy Schit, holding an original De Lisle...

I can't tell you guys how cool it was just to see Roger, and his facility.  Going over to Long Mountain and getting an off-the-books private tour was nuts.  I can't thank Roger and George enough for making the whole thing happen.  I'm not kidding when I say I went to Vegas for a MX race, but the trip across town to see Roger was the highlight of the weekend.  I'd drive back up there just to do that part again.  Hell, I'll leave right now... 

Edited by 98Z5V

HAHA!    Sorry...  U Mad Bro?  <lmao>

Here's the "Movie Gun" page on LMO's website - click through here and check some of this stuff out. 

http://www.longmountain.com/just-for-fun/movie-guns/

Now, I saw every single one of these, in person.  Better yet - I touched them.  every one.  When Matt pointed them out, I touched them. 

I didn't figure I could get away with licking them, so I wasn't gonna try...  <laughs>

Interestingly enough, they don't list Scarface, Predator, or Clear and Present Danger on that page - I touched the M16/M203, touched the minigun, and touched the shorty M16 that John Clark used in Clear and Present Danger...  :hethan:

We're working on the passes for Tom and Dawn. 

Dawn said Tom like to touch everything, and he did! lol.  Fortunately, Matt's a practical collector that doesn't care his collection gets fondled, you know how some people can be, "do not touch" and stuff.  These are not museum pieces, though some of them can justifiably be displayed in one, and Matt doesn't run a museum, though with his collection, he certainly has enough to start a good one :)