• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

new here from WI

biggreen7520

Hi everyone I just bought my first DPMS LR308 yesterday. Now that WI has gone to a all rifle state for deer hunting I thought this would be a fun gun to use. I mounted a redfield 6x18x50 scope on it so now I am ready to break it in. I havent bought any shells yet so any sugestions. Hows the recoil on this gun? I am still healing from a massive rotator cuff tear surgery.

Thanks

Joel

Edited by biggreen7520

He's from WI... He just had to Google-translate that post. Lol

As did I.

Welcome aboard Biggreen. There's plenty of things that you can do to reduce recoil. Just wait for it.......and a bunch of us will help you spend some of your money.

See? All of you Rat-Bastards! I didn't just jump him and start telling him how to go broke slowly. <laughs>

Sorry, I was going to type a lot more, but I was busy catching a 3 year old. I'm in a very Mexican mood...been in Aneheim for two days now visiting the happiest place on earth. And yes, we rocked the 308 shirt day one here. Even got asked wether I bought or built mine before we got to the gate.

So, in a more appropriate or at least more common around here...welcome aboard! Watch yer wallet.

-Dirk