• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I can't wait for this tear to end

Rsquared

So. I got a little nugget of information from one of our clients today. We've been doing a MAJOR re-fit to the automation system at the NOAA headquarters in Silver Spring. We've been on it for the last 18 months. So we're getting to the point that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Turns out............that light was coming from the oncoming train. We've got 15 floors (COUNT THEM) 15 FCUKING floors of lighting that we have to HAVE completely automated by 12/31. It just kicked off last night. Oh yeah......night work. That's compressing our schedule by a mere........oh......3 months. FCUK!!

And on top of that. I've got an 11 story office building in Tyson's Corner (base building) that we're being pressed to finish in the next couple of weeks (27 AHU's + boiler/chiller plant). 2 LARGE central plants (some of you know what I mean) in downtown DC to be completed by no less than 12/25 (weekend only work). A 17 story building in Crystal City (34 AHU's + central plant). And a bunch of smaller jobs that are going on all at the same time.

FFFfffffUUuuuuuuuCCcccccKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

BEST PART? I was planning on going on vacation at COB of Friday the 20th of December for 2 weeks of decompression. I don't take time off through the year just because this time of year (that I usually take) is usually the slowest amongst the trades. And it doesn't screw any of my other guys with me being out. Looks like we're all screwed this time regardless.

Fcuk ME! Looks like that's not going to happen. No vacation for me more than likely.

Not looking for sympathy. Just venting.....while drinking.....while cleaning a rifle (Laura....for those who care).

And obviously....I meant....can't wait for this "Year to end" in the title.

Edited by Rsquared

Just got to make time for May 9 brother.... The keg will be waiting

Oh....don't think that you're getting off without having to deal with my sorry ass my man. That's a given.

Busy is good brother take the money Ron.I see another gangbox to fill in you'r future.Deadlines suck no matter how you cut it.

It's not the money brother. It's the manpower (read as....lack there of). Keep in mind....I'm one of the bosses of the company. Even with using some subs for some of the simple stuff....it's a matter of timing. And then the big crunch trying to get it all in. All in an attempt to save my vacation time. I REALLY need it this year. I'm not afraid (scurred) of hard work. But it's been a stressful year. Hell.....why do you guys think that I buy the weapons (or parts...or accessories) that I do? I'm a pretty boring guy with only one real hobby (passion) that I have..........besides beer. laughing

And no old lady to deal with. Or put up with my s h I t. <lmao>

Edited by Rsquared

Oh no, no, noooooooo my friend. If nothing else. This is gonna end up as a "This is WHY I bought an MRAD" type of story.

Jesus...........talk about ball-busters!

Oh....and....you suck Dirk. Oh yeah....Oh yeah......I said it! :box1:

Edited by Rsquared

It's not the money brother. It's the manpower (read as....lack there of). Keep in mind....I'm one of the bosses of the company. Even with using some subs for some of the simple stuff....it's a matter of timing. And then the big crunch trying to get it all in.

^^^ R2, you should build CPM schedules for all these jobs, it will help calm your nerves <laughs>

Edited by BLKSHEEP

We already use MS Project schedules. Just this last lighting BS got pushed back by the government shutdown. Not that I ever think that the government shouldn't be shut down for a while. But it screwed up all of the subs schedules.....which cascaded as time went on. And today, they (NOAA) decided that if the job didn't finish by the original completion date (cause the federal government never does anything wrong) payment would be withheld. And, as a kick in the ass, they're not accepting the fact that THEY were shut down. THEY wouldn't let anybody on the site during the shutdown. AND, that THEY SUCK!

I hate doing government work.

I feel your pain!! I just got word I'm remodeling a kitchen and floors /doors/ trim/ windows.... Adding another kitchen by thanksgiving !!! Foooook me you say!! I have two other grunts and my self.. To be honest I have me and two halves AAAhhhhh Fooook n A!!! I'm also finishing two jobs next week.

Ron, I don't get it, brother...

The King Obama just fixed ObamaCare this morning, during a press conference.  Just like that.

Why can't you other fukkers in the DC area just get to work and make schit happen like he can.  You need to focus, man.  By now, it should almost be like something in the water" there.  If you cared about the other people in the buildings you're working on, this would have a much different ending. 

:wtf: <outtahere> <outtahere> <laughs>