• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Missouri deer season 2013

seasprite

Well the first day was today and it SUCKED wind 30 gusting to 40 with rain and 70* temps. spring time anyone :eek: oh well better luck next time. Wanted to stay longer but the guy that has property rights decided to call it quits after 4.5 hours today so it was short on top of that. But I'm grateful that I did get some time in. Tomorrow is going to be another short day but I still love the time that can get with a rifle in the woods because I know one day I won't be able to go at all. Hopefully quiet a few years down the road but you never know. I'll update tomorrow <thumbsup> 

DAY2 well it was like day 1 windy as all get out but no rain this time I didn't see any deer at all unlike the first day. At least on the first day when we were heading for our stand we spooked one but it was to dark to take a shot and then after we got settled in our stand 15 min latter I saw a deer but it was to dark to tell if it was a doe or a buck and with the 4 point rule I couldn't take a shot without knowing. The one interesting thing that happened on the first day was when there was enough light I found that I had company in the tree with me an possum about 6' from me out on a branch. He didn't look to happy to have visitors that day but at least he minded his own business and minded mine.

Well its time to go back to work now so the deer will have to wait until the weekend and it figures because the weather is beautiful today and NO WIND well this weekend there talking 30* for the high on Sat. with little wind so the chance of bagging a deer should be a lot better.

Good luck guy's hopefully you'll be blessed with some deer this year and a safe trip. <thumbsup>   

DAY2 well it was like day 1 windy as all get out but no rain this time I didn't see any deer at all unlike the first day. At least on the first day when we were heading for our stand we spooked one but it was to dark to take a shot and then after we got settled in our stand 15 min latter I saw a deer but it was to dark to tell if it was a doe or a buck and with the 4 point rule I couldn't take a shot without knowing. The one interesting thing that happened on the first day was when there was enough light I found that I had company in the tree with me an possum about 6' from me out on a branch. He didn't look to happy to have visitors that day but at least he minded his own business and minded mine.

Well its time to go back to work now so the deer will have to wait until the weekend and it figures because the weather is beautiful today and NO WIND well this weekend there talking 30* for the high on Sat. with little wind so the chance of bagging a deer should be a lot better.

Good luck guy's hopefully you'll be blessed with some deer this year and a safe trip. <thumbsup>

Haha one year my buddies dad sat down under a tree to take a break and the the sudden it's raining on him but no where else?!? Looks around think wtf?!? Here there's a porcupine up the tree and it's pissing on him lol

I hunt Camp Pendleton and my season ended 10NOV. Opener I hit a rock off road and tore out my front end. Needless to say one day is better than no day....wuddayadew

Now that was an expensive deer season there. What was the damage to the vehicle and was it worth it another words did you get your deer?

Haha one year my buddies dad sat down under a tree to take a break and the the sudden it's raining on him but no where else?!? Looks around think wtf?!? Here there's a porcupine up the tree and it's pissing on him lol

I guess he must of pissed off that porcupine  <laughs> At least he didn't have to worry about human smell the rest of the day, did he score after that?

DAY 3  This was my last chance to bag a deer this year because of work and the weather was a lot better for deer, 25* light wind and sunny. Guess what I found a unicorn and people say they don't exist well they do, they just look like a deer <thumbsup>

post-12828-0-82742500-1385232916_thumb.j

post-12828-0-73537400-1385232970_thumb.j

This is my perch where the shot was taken from post-12828-0-39991900-1385233206_thumb.j The shot was only about 25 yards not far at all and this is the ridge that I shot the deer on post-12828-0-17518700-1385233312_thumb.j The A-max did a lot of damage. I was surprised at all the blood from the impact site on the ridge. There was no trouble following the blood trail and ended up about 100 yards from where I shot it. With that much blood I was really surprised that he made it that far. 

That right there is MY luck with animals in nature.  Me and that porc woulda had it out, I'm telling you.  :bat: :yup: