• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

we need to make some Gongs

Magwa

Ok so does anyone here have access to some scrap steel to make gongs out of? my thinking is if you make them the size of a flat rate box the shipping is cheap they do not have to be painted or anything we need a torch and scrap iron, can make pistol ones too and it will be for just the folks here..... i found some railroad plates going to try them today....

We run disks off a no till drill they are about 16 in if you are by a tractor dealer ship lot of times they got a bunch laying around. They hold up very well.

Also to connect the plates we old round baler belts. Use to use chain the belting works much better.

AR plate is the best pretty spendy. Where i shot we have life size wolf cut out at 700yrds. Even the 338LM don't dent it. just picked up 3 12x12 AR plates they where 20 bucks a peice.

We run disks off a no till drill they are about 16 in if you are by a tractor dealer ship lot of times they got a bunch laying around. They hold up very well.

Also to connect the plates we old round baler belts. Use to use chain the belting .

Great idear. Guess ill hit up the father in law for some takeoffs

A guy that rents office space from my dad has set up a shop with a water jet. He cuts ar-500 targets and makes target stands for the military. I can ask what sort of deal he can get us. He was pretty stoked to get a good deal on the office space.

I've never shot steel so excuse my ignorance. Are these steel targets made of a special hardened grade of steel? Personally if I wanted to shoot steel they're plenty of steel fabricators / welding shops around here, I would just go there and buy some of their "cut offs" for cheep.   <dontknow>

Edited by BLKSHEEP

I've never shot steel so excuse my ignorance. Are these steel targets made of a special hardened grade of steel? Personally if I wanted to shoot steel they're plenty of steel fabricators / welding shops around here, I would just go there and buy some of their "cut offs" for cheep.   <dontknow>

Yep hard shyt the catch is it lasts a long time no damage if used properly. You could make the argument of the cheeper rout with scraps but it might add up over time?