• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did do today on your loading bench !

MikedaddyH

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 50 test rounds ready to go.

I'm using pulled .308 180gr projectiles and the powder from 1940's Bulgarian 7.62x54. (Crappy brass berdan cases, beautiful bullets and powder)

Previous testing proved the powder to be similar to IMR 4320 and 4064.

10 rounds each, 42, 42.5, 43, 43.5 and 44gr powder charges.

I'm looking for just under 2600fps, and the best accuracy.

300BLK case making has turning into a great hobby for me.  Love making those little bastards...  <lmao>

I seriously need to get off my ass and load a metric poop-ton of 5.56 for next weekend.  I'm slacking on that.

***45-70 is WAY covered.  I have more on-hand than "THE MEN" will be able to shoot.  If they try, their next few days will be painful...  <lmao>

***.308 Win is WAY covered.  Plenty.

***300BLK - I won't have room in the truck to haul all that schit to the range.  I need Mike's sub-compact for the excess ammo.

***12ga is in ridiculous abundance.  Anybody wants to shoot the 930 SPX is welcome - but watch me when i load it.  I have a habit of loading a Magnum Slug first, so it's the last thing you pull...  <lmao> I usually catch this trick on video... :banana:

*** I need more .45ACP, but can make do with what i have.

***FAT IRMA ammo is in MASSIVE ABUNDANCE!!!  SM%20w00t_zpsbeb9hv5w.gif

200rds 9mm w/147gr lead projo on top of 3.2 universal and 100rd .223 55gr nosler on top of 24gr of imr4064. Never tried the imr4064 w/ 5.56/223, can't wait to see how it does.

I did some Chrono on the  4064 in .223 , might be in this section or I can look it up I'm my log book .

• 2 weeks later...

New AR upper in 308x39 ready to go. Really excited to start loading this round. The true "little brother" to the LR308.  Just finished loading up the first trip to the range.  20 rounds 100gr Lapua HP over 26gr Vit120.-  20 rounds 123gr Lapua FMJ over 25gr Vit120.- 10 rounds 115gr Berger MHP over 26gr IMR 4198.- 10 rounds 115gr Berger MHP over 26gr Vit 120.- 10 rounds 115gr Berger MHP over 26gr  #1680.- 10 rounds 115gr Berger MHP over 27gr Vit133                                                                                                                                                                                                                             These wii be shot out of a McGowen  20" , SS , Match Barrel chambered in 7.62x39 with a 1-12 twist, rifle size gas system and a .308 bore. All the 308W bullets up to 125gr and most up to 150gr should be an option for this load. Lots of reloading fun ahead. Time to bag some 10rings.

Edited by TenRingKing

Finally got something accomplished on the bench today.  250rds of 150gr 300BLK and 500rds of 55gr 5.56.

That's 750rds on the single-stage RockChucker, bitches.  <thumbsup>

Bet my Canadian Acquaintance used to load 4k rds a day, like that, though...  :fawkdance:

post-7-0-18922900-1430095759_thumb.jpg

Good on ya bro I'm at a standstill with the 300. Blk! Loaded my first 150 rnds of factory brass in my lee dies and then 300 rnds of my cutdown .223 brass and it seems the sholder is either too long or. Squished? I thought it was my crimp but it's obivios the formation of the brass is less than standard in my lee dies! Rcbs dies are in root! Now I have to unload half my brass! That's what I get from loading at night I guess.

Ps all rnds were trimmed to the same length with the WFT.

Edited by sketch