• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Picked up this tan beauty queen today

Nice Wrenchbender! Fill us in on the specifics.

LMT MWS308

-Chrome lined 16" Barrel, cut to 14.5" and Dimpled by Karl Feldcamp

-Pinned to 16" with a AAC 51T

-Barrel has been CeraKoted in armor black

-Upper and lower CeraKoted Magpul flat dark earth.

-SOPMOD stock has been Cerakoted Magpul FDE.

-MIAD in FDE

-LMT dual ejector hard chrome bolt & carrier group

-Geissele SSA trigger

-Shash HeavyBuffer and spring

-VLTOR buffer tube

-Knights BUIS

-Larue mount, Trijicon TR24 1-4

I also have a stainless 5R 16" barrel with a Surefire B662SSAL/RE 

-VLTOR buffer tube

This doesn't make sense to me unless you have REALLY short arms. Why change out a proper AR-10 length tube for a compromised short one???

I also have a stainless 5R 16" barrel with a Surefire B662SSAL/RE 

Did you have Karl do work on that barrel too? How much does Karl charge for dimpling? I'm planning on sending my 18" SS barrel to Marvin Pitts for dimpling soon.

Edited by FaRKle!

This doesn't make sense to me unless you have REALLY short arms. Why change out a proper AR-10 length tube for a compromised short one???

Did you have Karl do work on that barrel too? How much does Karl charge for dimpling? I'm planning on sending my 18" SS barrel to Marvin Pitts for dimpling soon.

Well, nearly every AR10, as in Armalite, I have ever built I have installed a UBR stock on. That plan is in the works. A standard AR10 spec buffer and spring do not play well with the UBR.

Other barrel is essentially a factory LMT, it was turned down just enough for the Surefire mount. Bought it this way, no idea who machined it.

Well, nearly every AR10, as in Armalite, I have ever built I have installed a UBR stock on. That plan is in the works. A standard AR10 spec buffer and spring do not play well with the UBR.

Other barrel is essentially a factory LMT, it was turned down just enough for the Surefire mount. Bought it this way, no idea who machined it.

So you bought the VLTOR tube so you could buy and use Slash's heavy buffer combo prior to getting the UBR instead of sticking with the stock setup till you were ready to make the whole swap?

I think we're all guilty of being impatient to use the parts we'll want in our "final" version of our rifles  :D. Sh*t, I already bought the VLTOR A5 spring and buffer I'm going to put in my MWS' receiver extension when I put it on an AR15 and swap my MWS to an UBR lol.

Edited by FaRKle!