• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Keltec RFB bullpup 7.62x51 any opinions/experience?

texas30cal

The rfb has an extra thick (I dont remember the dimensions) metal plate under the cheek weld to ensure that any catastrophic detonation would be aimed down and away from the shooter. When you handle the rfb, the quality is immediately noticeable, it definitely has a heft to it, and it feels rock solid.

Although I have not fired the weapon, since it is something keltec directly designed for, and since it does feel so well built, I personally would have no safety concerns if I got to fire the weapon. Honestly, when handed a weapon, I have never really considered putting it on a sled and pulling the trigger with a string. Its a precaution I have never felt the need to take. (If I was rolling something really hot myself this will change, but I dont see myself doing that)

He got it today, I got to handle it, and I must say I was very impressed with the feel, comfort, and fit and finish. The quality looks very good, it does have some heft, enough to not feel cheap but not enough to be too heavy, I don't normally even like bullpup designs but I do like this one, another good friend who is a lifelong shooter got to handle it and had the same opinion, will shoot it soon as I can and report back. The owner is going to mount his thermal 4 power scope on it and we will get to hog hunt with it as soon as we can find some hogs, he has a good set up for hog hunting, the thermal to find them and shoot, and two gen 3 military PVS4's one on a 308ar and the other for a guest to mount along with a laser light for better illumination and a electric golf cart for stealth, it's a absolute blast!! Pun intended.

He got it today, I got to handle it, and I must say I was very impressed with the feel, comfort, and fit and finish. The quality looks very good, it does have some heft, enough to not feel cheap but not enough to be too heavy, I don't normally even like bullpup designs but I do like this one, another good friend who is a lifelong shooter got to handle it and had the same opinion, will shoot it soon as I can and report back. The owner is going to mount his thermal 4 power scope on it and we will get to hog hunt with it as soon as we can find some hogs, he has a good set up for hog hunting, the thermal to find them and shoot, and two gen 3 military PVS4's one on a 308ar and the other for a guest to mount along with a laser light for better illumination and a electric golf cart for stealth, it's a absolute blast!! Pun intended.

That sounds like one hell of a set up:)