• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Nickel Boron BCG?

Zebra644

Two here - one from RGuns when the silliness was in full swing - does well, easy to clean.   One from Rainier Arms - VERY damn nice, and easiest to clean.  I also have a chromed Young National Match carrier - that damn thing is just a work of art, and just as easy to clean as a NiB carrier. 

I've got a shadow ops NIB BCG I got last year (during same silliness that Tom mentioned). It's waiting to go into a BRO Fallout 10 upper/lower set that I've got.......as soon as it comes around in the build schedule. Good machining on it and everything. But can't speak for it operational-wise yet.

I have a WMD Guns, full auto BCG in my 300 Blk. I also have a NiB treated BCG made by SI-Defense.

NiB is decent by itself, but it really shines when combined with FireClean.

As for BCG finishes, I also have two melonite treated Adams Arms piston carriers. They are equally as nice and run just as smooth.

I've got a Harris nickel boron (this was before I worked for Shadow Ops). Its decent enough, its not as pretty as the day I put it in, but it does clean pretty easy.

I have been looking at those, WMD and Spikes if I can find one. The name of Shadow Ops kinda reminds me of the " Dreaded Counter Sniper " scopes that are allegedly special forces gov. contract over runs ect. <lmao>    But since you hand survivalshop have them, would you reccomend them?

I have been looking at those, WMD and Spikes if I can find one. The name of Shadow Ops kinda reminds me of the " Dreaded Counter Sniper " scopes that are allegedly special forces gov. contract over runs ect. <lmao>    But since you hand survivalshop have them, would you reccomend them?

I work for shadow ops, so I can say that you won't get anything better without spending a lot more. That's sort of our niche, we offer higher end products at lower end prices.

If your looking for one for an AR15 , Shadow Ops has some with slight blemishes on sale right now & a very good deal . I would buy another & plan on getting one of there blemished ones( if still available ) for my BRO build I have going , just short on funds at this moment .

Mine is a 308 version & its well made & is working the way it should .

Ok 3 votes Shadow Ops. I was looking for reviews on them and I think AIM surplus uses them, and has thier brand logo  on them. The black extractor and gas key screws and faceted / angular bolt is kind of a clue. As the others I have seen the entire BCG is NIK. Looks like I may bite the bullet and go tis route, Gun show is this weekend, after I try to re-zero my ar again, I'm gonna see whats out there.

Edited by Zebra644

• 4 weeks later...

I work for shadow ops, so I can say that you won't get anything better without spending a lot more. That's sort of our niche, we offer higher end products at lower end prices.

I see you do some coatings but I don't see the NiB as an option.  Do you guys do it as a service at all?