• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Endurance Thread

planeflyer21

No wonder these were standard issue when I was in the military. :D

....another test they missed out on is on an almost empty jerry can of gas and then shooting it with an incendiary round... :D :D :D   That video would have been epic.

Edited by shibiwan

No wonder these were standard issue when I was in the military. :D

....another test they missed out on is on an almost empty jerry can of gas and then shooting it with an incendiary round... :D :D :D   That video would have been epic.

Sounds like another MSC 308AR shooting project!

Sounds like another MSC 308AR shooting project!

Well, since we're there I could set up more fun stuff I learned in demo school....

(anyone got some det cord and TNT lying around? I've got them 50-gal steel barrels to complete the setup. That's the fun stuff right there. lol)

Edited by shibiwan

Well, since we're there I could set up more fun stuff I learned in demo school....

(anyone got some det cord and TNT lying around? I've got them 50-gal steel barrels to complete the setup. That's the fun stuff right there. lol)

Oh my! I like det cord, especially if there are trees handy. One wrap for every inch in diameter if memory serves.... it's nice and loud all on it's own too!

You know what? I really miss being on the blasting crew now, thanks a lot!  :bat:

<laughs>

Oh my! I like det cord, especially if there are trees handy. One wrap for every inch in diameter if memory serves.... it's nice and loud all on it's own too!

You know what? I really miss being on the blasting crew now, thanks a lot!  :bat:

<laughs>

LOL!

Screw the trees. Det cord + TNT + creative use of 50-gal barrel of flammable stuff = EPIC FOUGASSE!

I could give you the details but that'll just get me on the terror watchlist.  <laughs>

.... then again it's on Wikipedia for our kids!

1288px-Flame_Fougasse_as_battlefield_exp

Edited by shibiwan

That "pit under drum, JUST big enough..."  is no joke.  You make that hole too big, and it just shoots the barrel out of the ground.  You want NO volume in there, no air - just enough room for what the picture says goes in there.  <thumbsup>

That "pit under drum, JUST big enough..."  is no joke.  You make that hole too big, and it just shoots the barrel out of the ground.  You want NO volume in there, no air - just enough room for what the picture says goes in there.  <thumbsup>

Actually, we put a ring of det cord on the top and bottom of the barrel to "cut" the tops and bottom off just before everything goes boom.