• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Season is strarting!!

SwissyJim

the boating season is upon me! woohoo!! Going to take a break from all the reloading, plinking and building I've been doing and want to do... time to stock up the family's freezer(s) for next winter!

I gotta wonder... them critters look like shrimp, but it looks like you're in a river. Wazzup with that? Dang I love shrimp. Maybe somebody who is nameless could get them critters to live in rivers in Iowa.

I gotta wonder... them critters look like shrimp, but it looks like you're in a river. Wazzup with that? Dang I love shrimp. Maybe somebody who is nameless could get them critters to live in rivers in Iowa.

Maybe a bay or inlet. But there are fresh water prawn and shrimp

We catch them in the bays around Prince William Sound (at 450+ feet deep), famous for the Exxon Valdez oil spill. We're anchored in the smaller bay, near the forest service cabin we rent, in the photo just prior to ripping their heads off. And yea... there was a BBQ grill with a pan our bubbling butter and garlic just ou of the photo  <thumbsup> 

Here I go messin' up the thread .com.. again !

Casting for big mouth bass !

That's just WRONG!!  :))

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got out On the river Saturday night, no pictures, nothing special 2 short walleyes one keeper a cat fish and whT I thought was a smallie but my buddy swears was a huge perch.

Still waiting for the water temp to rise, and levels to drop next week should be fire, hopfully I'm able to get out before my call on thurs

• 3 weeks later...

Nice fish!

Just took my boat back down to Homer yesterday, land of Halibut and salmon. Finished up some projects on her (like removing 320# of water soaked floatation foam!) and got all the shrimp the family needs for the winter. Now it's time to focus on the fishies. Next weekend it starts!

Nice fish!

Just took my boat back down to Homer yesterday, land of Halibut and salmon. Finished up some projects on her (like removing 320# of water soaked floatation foam!) and got all the shrimp the family needs for the winter. Now it's time to focus on the fishies. Next weekend it starts!

Day-umm. And here in Iowa all we get is Led Robster®. Or whatever that restaurant chain is.

I'm still waiting for the day when invasive-species tiger shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico is on the menu. These shrimp eat smaller shrimp and get huge. Rumor is, they are tasty and two of them is a meal.

Edited by gnatshooter

That one like the rest this year went to the freezer and sorry for the camo still had my winter growth on my chin... it is gone now and in summer mode.... going to go pick up a 1969 CJ 5 pickup tomorrow with 70 thousand original miles..... :)

Oooo me likey old Jeeps.... have had a '72 and a '74. Miss having them! My '72 had a Corvette LT1 350 mated to the Jeep 4speed and a Currie 9" rear end - that was a FUN off roader. Someday I shall get an old Willy's flat fender and do a ground up on it.