• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

great day at the range

washguy

So me and my best friend went back to the 500yd range (topgunshooting)  it was only 102 degrees, but the 1 mile an hour wind made it sooo much cooler!

He was finishing sighting in all the ar's we had put together....he's a real shooter....one of the ar's was from 1992 and never been shot   :)     the 308's...one of which had never been shot....and he wonders why he cant hit crap past a 100....lol

But my story is the Nikon m-308 on two 308's....so ive put bout 60 rounds down each pipe, and have come to believe this is the scope for me...once zeroed at 100 the substensions were accurate out to 500...no turret twisting no nothing....im not gonna say you can hit a bull at 500 ,but im pretty sure I could harvest with it

Im gettin rid of all my Monarchs with higher power...I  a/b tested against a 8x32x50 Monarch ED and the m-308 does better for me....im glad I proved this out to myself btw...the privi 168 match is a nice round...if theres a better round for the money somone please lemme know   :)  Wash

I love the PPU Match stuff - been shooting that for several years through the AR15s, and it's damn consistent ammo. 

I'm glad someone else here likes the Nikon glass with the BDC reticles.  <thumbsup>

I love the PPU Match stuff - been shooting that for several years through the AR15s, and it's damn consistent ammo. 

I'm glad someone else here likes the Nikon glass with the BDC reticles.  <thumbsup>

Its you and me Brother....side by side ...always   :)  Wash

That scope is, set up for 308 , so it should work out . Hows it do with 145 or 149 gr. Mil Spec ?

Want a better round for the money , become a good hand loader .  <thumbsup>

Survival....never shot 149 or 150 or145 out of it....looking at ballistic software it would be a turret twisting affair

the privi 168 is pretty damn good.....while those f3 or f2 or whatever they are shoot the steel at 500...i just hammer the steel with my 308

you oughta see the dirty looks i get from those snobs....but of course they are making one hole out there...and im not....one of em made a snarky remark to me bout my ar308 and the bullet having no energy out there at 500...so,I said.." why dont you go out there and catch one of my 308's?"   :)  Wash

Survival....never shot 149 or 150 or145 out of it....looking at ballistic software it would be a turret twisting affair

the privi 168 is pretty damn good.....while those f3 or f2 or whatever they are shoot the steel at 500...i just hammer the steel with my 308

you oughta see the dirty looks i get from those snobs....but of course they are making one hole out there...and im not....one of em made a snarky remark to me bout my ar308 and the bullet having no energy out there at 500...so,I said.." why dont you go out there and catch one of my 308's?" :) Wash

Pop in a PMAG, the challenge is 20 rounds on steel, fastest time wins. Then wear 'em out!

you oughta see the dirty looks i get from those snobs....but of course they are making one hole out there...and im not....one of em made a snarky remark to me bout my ar308 and the bullet having no energy out there at 500...so,I said.." why dont you go out there and catch one of my 308's?"   :)  Wash

<laughs>