• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

"New Guy from the Commonwealth of Virginia"

raf

Hey guys, just checking in.  I just join today and still checking out the site.  I came over from AR10T.com site and it looks good so far.  

I have been working with the AS style platform since I first got trained on them at Bien Hoa AB, RVN.  I entered the USAF in 1966 and first qualified with the M-14 at Lackland AFB, Tx.  So when I got in country I was surprised to get handed an M-16.  Didn't like it then and had a lot of friends in the field who didn't like them either.  I continued to qualify with this gun for the next 24 years.  When I retired from the service, I entered law enforcement I qualified with my side arm and pump shotgun.  We didn't go to duty carbines until the mid '90's.  I ended becoming a DCJS qualified firearms instructor.  Been doing that work official until about 2012.  

I ended up buying an Armalite AS-10 and am having a ball.  This gun was made for the 7.62 round for sure!!  for now I am shooting Lake City ammo from CMP.  I do reload, but not ready for this gun.  I also have two AR-15's and shoot military ammo in them.  I also own an M-1A, which is my go to hell gun for sure.  As of now I shoot German NATO rounds in it.

Sorry for writing a book.  But High!!!