• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hmmm... a "free" range?

shibiwan

ShotSpotter

High-tech system gets police to the scene fast
{When a 25-year-old woman was shot while walking to her mailbox in Phoenix last year, police officers were at her door to help even before she finished dialing 911.

The quick response - within seconds - came because a nearby sensor picked up the sound of the muzzle blast, pinpointed the shooter's location to within 10 feet and alerted police dispatchers of the address.

The ShotSpotter system is only triggered by gunfire and it can discern the type of weapon (rifle, shotgun or handgun) being used. The software in the sensors also commands the surveillance cameras to rotate and focus on the spot where the shot was fired.

The sensors are so sophisticated that they can trace the path and direction of drive-by shootings.}

Nowhere in there does it mention the ability to detect suppressed weapons, I say go for it >:D   Just be sure to wear your GoPro so we don't miss any action <lmao>

ShotSpotter

High-tech system gets police to the scene fast

{When a 25-year-old woman was shot while walking to her mailbox in Phoenix last year, police officers were at her door to help even before she finished dialing 911.

The quick response - within seconds - came because a nearby sensor picked up the sound of the muzzle blast, pinpointed the shooter's location to within 10 feet and alerted police dispatchers of the address.

The ShotSpotter system is only triggered by gunfire and it can discern the type of weapon (rifle, shotgun or handgun) being used. The software in the sensors also commands the surveillance cameras to rotate and focus on the spot where the shot was fired.

The sensors are so sophisticated that they can trace the path and direction of drive-by shootings.}

Nowhere in there does it mention the ability to detect suppressed weapons, I say go for it >:D Just be sure to wear your GoPro so we don't miss any action <lmao>

No more shooting coons off my deck

The Shot spotter system or a similar system is in Glendale and Mesa. The sensors are located at various intersections and can triangilate down to two or three houses,( side by side or the house behind) GPD explained tat to me years ago. There was one at 59th & Camelback and one at 59th & Bethany Home.. they have them installed at PD stations too.

Some $hit goes down, Shib better call me.  He's gonna be lonely in that cell if I'm not sitting on the bench with him...  <lmao>

The Shot spotter system or a similar system is in Glendale and Mesa. The sensors are located at various intersections and can triangilate down to two or three houses,( side by side or the house behind) GPD explained tat to me years ago. There was one at 59th & Camelback and one at 59th & Bethany Home.. they have them installed at PD stations too.

Started with the .mil, over in Afghaniland and Iraq.  Counter-target the bastards that are shooting at you.  The initial system was called "Boomerang." Great vid of the capabilities of the system, here:

Mack, from Future Weapons.  Season 2, Episode 11.  Boomerang coverage in here:

http://pollystreaming.com/Future-Weapons-Season-2-Episode-11_v9166

(^^^ skip the bull$hit in that and just "X" it out.  You don't need any of those Windows Media Player versions that they're talking about...)

Boomerang is up to version III now, and it's reached the individual level.  Wear it ON you...